Show us your Defenders/Countys

Wortho
Here and there

Re: post your pics

Unread post by Wortho » December 19th, 2011, 8:58 pm

there is no such thing as a three point turn, maybe ‘103’ point turn.
If you want to decrease your turning circle adjust your steering stops a couple of turns in. These are two bolts one on each side on the swivel hub they look like they have been just left half out, turn full lock one way and look at the hub of the tyre turning in and you will see the bolt in question touching your hub to axle flange, if you adjust both side in a bit you will almost half your turning circle.

cewilson
Been here a while

Unread post by cewilson » December 21st, 2011, 8:06 pm

Although if you change size to a 235/85 R16 and fit an aggresive MT then you'll find that you will have to adjust them stops out the other direction, as the lugs on the tyre will hit on full lock.....

scrubnut
Here and there

Unread post by scrubnut » December 21st, 2011, 10:22 pm

For steering lock adjustment, see attachment. Sorry about the JPEG file, couldn't attrach the PDF :confused:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happiness is a trusty 4x4, a reliable fridge, a fishing rod and a place you can use all three.

siinoi
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by siinoi » January 11th, 2012, 12:19 pm

Greetings from Jakarta, Indonesia :waycool:

Please allow me introduce myself, name is Inoi and I own a Land Rover Defender 110 1991 200Tdi "Diio" since 2010 (3rd ownership). Not very long time ago though, before I had a Toyota BJ40 but we had to sell it because my brother didn't like it. After 4 years, I still wanting to own a real big car which either BJ40 or Defender (90/110) and been dreaming about taking my family for a real adventure (not offroad neccessary though). After digged some research and questioning people here and there...I picked Defender because it's a 4WD made and no necessary custom needed for it for a real adventure and camping. Due to that I've married and have 2.5y/o kid which then planning to have our 2nd one then I picked 110. Between DCab vs. Wagong, I choose wagon because cheaper to made a DCab and our government have restricted rules regarding DCab on some roads.

Although I don't drive it everyday to my work (usually I ride my Piaggio Vespa Lx), but trouble is I'm having stressed out if I want to drive it because the traffic jam in Jakarta is getting worst...complete with manual transmission and the big and looooong body it have and not to mention that most malls and streets in Jakarta only allow cars with 2'1 meters height. is there a way that I can get automatic transmission with my current 200Tdi engine?

I'm sad now because I've to decide whether to keep it and restore it (by having in mind that I don't have to drive it everyday so no need to worry about traffic jam and other things) because it has ARB options bullbar+roof rack and Kaymar spare hanger OR have to sell it for a Toyota Land Cruiser VXR (around 1997 - because it has automatic transmission and low maintenance).

Well...pardon for the long story.
Enjoy the pics.

note :
  • the first pic shows what do i get in first place which then i switched the wheel to original alloy.

siinoi
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by siinoi » January 11th, 2012, 12:21 pm

pardon for this question...i buy 4WD action magazine here and there (not monthly) because i prefer LR magazine instead, but i notice that there are only few Land Rover (Defender/Disco/RR etc.) that been published or reviewied. aren't there many LR enthusiasts out there in Australia comparing to Toyota or Nissans?

please advise.

Suek
Been here a while

Unread post by Suek » February 8th, 2012, 9:42 pm

siinoi wrote:pardon for this question...i buy 4WD action magazine here and there (not monthly) because i prefer LR magazine instead, but i notice that there are only few Land Rover (Defender/Disco/RR etc.) that been published or reviewied. aren't there many LR enthusiasts out there in Australia comparing to Toyota or Nissans?

please advise.
Hi Siinoi... I like your Defender! And thanks for going to the trouble to tell us all about yourself too! :)

In answer to your question Land Rovers here in Australia are not as common as Toyota's and Nissans.. although I think that is starting to change as I am seeing more and more of them on the road now compared to say ten years ago.. :)

Cheers
Sue

siinoi
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by siinoi » February 9th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Suek wrote:
siinoi wrote:pardon for this question...i buy 4WD action magazine here and there (not monthly) because i prefer LR magazine instead, but i notice that there are only few Land Rover (Defender/Disco/RR etc.) that been published or reviewied. aren't there many LR enthusiasts out there in Australia comparing to Toyota or Nissans?

please advise.
Hi Siinoi... I like your Defender! And thanks for going to the trouble to tell us all about yourself too! :)

In answer to your question Land Rovers here in Australia are not as common as Toyota's and Nissans.. although I think that is starting to change as I am seeing more and more of them on the road now compared to say ten years ago.. :)

Cheers
Sue
hi sue! i thought the forum isn't that active. thanks for responding. yes, i just read the magazine and it published a Defender + Discovery 1 :D do you use AT/MT for your LR?

Suek
Been here a while

Unread post by Suek » February 11th, 2012, 2:18 pm

siinoi wrote:
Suek wrote: Hi Siinoi... I like your Defender! And thanks for going to the trouble to tell us all about yourself too! :)

Cheers
Sue
hi sue! i thought the forum isn't that active. thanks for responding. yes, i just read the magazine and it published a Defender + Discovery 1 :D do you use AT/MT for your LR?
Yeah this forum is no where near as active for Land Rover stuff as the AULRO forums.. so I tend to forget to look in here most of the time... :redface:

I'm not sure what you mean by the question 'do you use AT/MT for your LR?.. Are you asking what I use my LR for? Or what kind of LR I have?.. It's probably easier if I just answer both questions.. I have a Defender 90 and I use it for general running around and for off road.. :)

Indy Hepburn
Need to get out more

Unread post by Indy Hepburn » November 12th, 2012, 1:51 pm

dazzy170 wrote::truck:

That's a sweet Defender there..what's the story behind that one.. :thumb:

dazzy170
Been here a while

Unread post by dazzy170 » November 13th, 2012, 10:54 pm

Indy Hepburn wrote:
dazzy170 wrote::truck:

That's a sweet Defender there..what's the story behind that one.. :thumb:
thanks i have a build thread that i just started viewtopic.php?f=189&t=137325 feal free to check it out and leave a comment.
it was a tray back ute but had a panel van back put on it. it also has 2" lift arb bull bar and 32's on alloys.

few newer photos of her

mickadisco
Been here a while

Unread post by mickadisco » February 11th, 2013, 7:40 pm

my new toy 96 130 with a few things done to it

blackntan
Been here a while

Unread post by blackntan » February 18th, 2014, 10:19 am

Defenda
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lost again

blackntan
Been here a while

Unread post by blackntan » February 18th, 2014, 10:21 am

At a landy show yesterday thought you mite like these
Lost again

blackntan
Been here a while

Unread post by blackntan » February 18th, 2014, 10:23 am

Like this one
Lost again

blackntan
Been here a while

Unread post by blackntan » February 18th, 2014, 10:26 am

110. Ltd
Lost again

Return to “Defender / County”