Show us your Defenders/Countys

2stroke
Avid Poster

Unread post by 2stroke » June 8th, 2010, 5:04 am

It's a 110, nice one too, I think the new ones are available in this configuration as well.

broonski
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by broonski » June 21st, 2010, 6:32 pm

Yorkshire_Jon wrote:Hi guys,
Just found this forum....

Here's my 110 a few months ago, on our way back from Alice Springs...

Jon
Very nice!

Absolutely love the 110 dual cabs!

cheers,
bryce
cheers,
Broonski

Fender nut
Here and there

Unread post by Fender nut » June 21st, 2010, 6:58 pm

mistaboz1 wrote:I'm looking at buying a new Defender (puma).

Can anyone post a pic of a proper side on shot of a defender with ARB bar? Preferably the new 2.4, if not no problem. (just the front will be fine)

I've seen a couple that stick out a long way and look out of place.
Just wondering if it's possible to get a bar that sits nice and close.

Cheers,
Paul
not sure what the arb ones look like on a defender. most you'll see are landrover bars (well mine is a LR winch bar) and they dont stick out too far. in saying that, defenders are about the only 4x4 that will lose aproach angle by fitting a bar so they all stick out a bit
[b]Hope to see you out and about - Fender nut[/b]

TD4
Here and there

1985 County

Unread post by TD4 » June 24th, 2010, 11:23 pm

Mere's my pair of 1985 County 3.5L v8's. I've got a brand new 110 Wagon being delivered in a couple of weeks - can't wait!
Photos are:
1. My missus made me sell the one on the left...
2. Up the creek in Lidsdale State Forest, NSW
3. Montezuma Falls Track, TAS
4. Sturt National Park, NSW
5. Camping at Trial Harbour, West Coast of TAS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bushie
Been here a while

Bushie Defender

Unread post by Bushie » September 17th, 2010, 9:05 pm

A few of mine in its natural environment

Time for camp - Madigan Line

Geosurveys Hill

QAA Line

Hmm - a bit dusty

Wet feet

Palm CReek

That's a bit sticky

Nolans Brook

Bushie

98disco
Getting to know the place

Re: post your pics

Unread post by 98disco » December 6th, 2010, 8:52 pm

Haven't been on for a while, but dont let the name confuse you. I've changed from disco to defee. Here's some pics from the virgin trip to Kimberley
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Re:

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » December 6th, 2010, 11:44 pm

cracka23 wrote:Aaron i think by the thread bing in the defender section, its pretty obvious what the pics are going to be of..!

Theres some sweet looking fenders in here guys...I almost bought one a few years back but just didnt like the seating position in them....shame really as they're such a tuff truck.

My bad mate; not the first time I have been caught out. I just click on new threads and open up anything that is interesting. Didn't even look at where the thread was!

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

scrubnut
Here and there

Re:

Unread post by scrubnut » January 13th, 2011, 6:46 pm

mistaboz1 wrote:I'm looking at buying a new Defender (puma).

Can anyone post a pic of a proper side on shot of a defender with ARB bar? Preferably the new 2.4, if not no problem. (just the front will be fine)

I've seen a couple that stick out a long way and look out of place.
Just wondering if it's possible to get a bar that sits nice and close.

Cheers,
Paul
The new ARB bars look really nice. Better looking, better approach angle and look to be more robust than the old model. Go to the ARB web site and check PDF flyer for them. I think that should answer all your questions. :thumb:

Craig

dazzy170
Been here a while

Unread post by dazzy170 » April 23rd, 2011, 8:30 pm

hi all some nice fenders's on hear

just bought a 1996 300tdi ute should get it next week

will add more pics when i get it and start to mod it. thanks

DATSUN-TUFF
Been here a while

Re: Converted

Unread post by DATSUN-TUFF » May 4th, 2011, 11:00 am

scrubnut wrote:A couple of mine. Picked it up last Oct. I'm an ex Patrol man and I love the new Fender. It really pev's off my Toyota driving mates. They'll learn one day:)
why on earth would you get a landy after owning a patrol

BMKal
Part of the furniture

Unread post by BMKal » June 5th, 2011, 4:30 am

DATSUN-TUFF wrote:
scrubnut wrote:A couple of mine. Picked it up last Oct. I'm an ex Patrol man and I love the new Fender. It really pev's off my Toyota driving mates. They'll learn one day:)
Maybe he wants to be able to really go offroad.

Actually, after recently driving a Patrol Traytop on a long trip on both bitumen and rough roads - I can understand the reasoning. Mostly, the only people who knock the LR's are the ones who have never tried one.

dazzy170
Been here a while

Unread post by dazzy170 » June 15th, 2011, 5:10 pm

:truck:

scrubnut
Here and there

Unread post by scrubnut » June 18th, 2011, 7:37 pm

DATSUN-TUFF wrote:
Several reasons. One, after owning and modifying two Patrols and one ‘Maxima’ I went to the local ‘Nissan Stealer’ and asked for a test drive. I was told that I needed to place an order for one and put down a deposit. When the vehicle came in I could test drive it then. Three weeks wait and there was a ST sitting on the showroom floor. My response to that is unprintable. So that browned me off no end.
A Toyota was out of the question. My father has owned two, I’ve have four mates with Cruisers and I spent 6 years on a mine site full of Cruiser. I’ve had my fill of Toyotas. Way too expensive to maintain. Not the vehicles fault, that’s Toyota as a company.
Land Rover I think everyone that has ever been 4wd has thought about buying a Land Rover or a Jeep. Iconic 4wds. I learnt that Land Rover were releasing a limited edition 60th anniversary model. This was going to be the last of the ‘real’ live axle 4wds, I had to have one.
To be honest it is a quirky vehicle, it’s defiantly individual and a damn good 4wd off road. Road manners are not as good as the Nissans or Toyotas, but I did buy it for driving on the black top. It’s slow around town and there is no such thing as a three point turn, maybe ‘103’ point turn. It pulls like a steam train and has damn good fuel economy.
I love it and I’m hooked, end of story

cal.t
Getting to know the place

Unread post by cal.t » September 12th, 2011, 2:42 pm

this is my 2001 defender.. if u wana read up on all her accessories go to the "shed" and search for "zan rover"... any questions or thoughts let me know! cheers!

scrubnut
Here and there

Unread post by scrubnut » December 17th, 2011, 11:11 pm

cal.t wrote:this is my 2001 defender.. if u wana read up on all her accessories go to the "shed" and search for "zan rover"... any questions or thoughts let me know! cheers!
Sweet looking truck 'cal.t'..... I must say I dont spend enough time on this site, there are alot of honest, down to earth 4wd. Keep'em coming....

Return to “Defender / County”