NEW DEFENDER

johnob
Here and there

NEW DEFENDER

Unread post by johnob » December 2nd, 2011, 7:38 pm

im a landrover defender lover i love the boxy look of them and now the new ones with the new dash it just tops them off. but unfortunatly i am a bigger sort of fella being 6 foot 3 and a 110 kilo i have never been able to fit in the old dash tip landrover comftorable so i am wondering is the new dash land rover more roomy inside or is it still cramped for the bigger sort of fella like myself.

Psimpson7

Re: NEW DEFENDER

Unread post by Psimpson7 » December 2nd, 2011, 9:11 pm

There is more room in the new one, especially with the proper hevac setup which removes the dreadful underdash aircon stuff.

You can also buy a kit to lift he back of the seat bases up slightly which allows them to go back a bit further as they will go over the flange between the seat box and rear body.

The single cabs however are still tight as the bulkhead behind the seats is in the way still.

Go and sit in one at your local dealer is the best way.

cewilson
Been here a while

Unread post by cewilson » December 6th, 2011, 7:43 pm

Do a search on google for 'mulgo' - he is one of the blokes off of www.aulro.com and I believe that his seat runners make a world of difference to the seating position.

Cheers
Chris

scrubnut
Here and there

Unread post by scrubnut » December 17th, 2011, 11:30 pm

Daniel at Mulgo is the ‘man’, you will never be disappointed dealing with him. I’m a 6 footer and those seat extension would have to be one for the best mods I’ve made to my beast. Rovercraft, Tarafirmer and many others make seat extension rail.
If you do go with Daniel, check out his ‘strut’ modification for the rear door. Another ripper idea, works a treat.

Cheers
Craig

Return to “Defender / County”