RR customisers guide in current 4wd custom guide

brend0n
I'm new, be nice!

RR customisers guide in current 4wd custom guide

Unread post by brend0n » November 10th, 2009, 3:03 pm

Is the bloke who has the blue rangie on the cover page (pg.81) a regular on the forums?

ATARI
Part of the furniture

Unread post by ATARI » November 10th, 2009, 3:25 pm

From memory I think that was Ricks Rangie from BBM & he is now part of the 4wd Action team somewhere, it had 60 series diffs I reckon?

brend0n
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by brend0n » November 12th, 2009, 11:38 am

cool.

anyone know the rest of the specs?

fjshitbox1
Been here a while

Re: RR customisers guide in current 4wd custom guide

Unread post by fjshitbox1 » January 22nd, 2013, 5:46 am

Theres a thing on it in post your range rover on here. this was the writing that went with.

BBM Rick's Rangie "Sherman the Sherwood"
Yes, it is a Rover. A 1992 Range Rover "Sherwood" limited edition to be exact! Only 50 Sherwoods made it to Aus, and here I am chopping it up! Haha!
So far we have spent a bit of time in the car hole doing a few nessecary mods. First up was a 4in lift, featuring Tough Dog coils and 41mm bore Foam Cell shocks. We followed this by chopping a fair bit of guard, door and body away to fit the big flares that make room for the 35in MTZ's. These are mounted to a set of Mickey Thompson Classic Locks measuring 17x9.
Underneath we have fitted the 60 series Landcruiser diffs that used to reside under Cowboy Shanes Rangie, and these came fitted with airlockers, 4.5:1 ratios, and CroMo CV's.
So far I have also had a 3rd's Draglink made up (soon to be followed by a matching Tierod), a set of Big O drop radius arms, and we put a set of 3rd's rear lower bombproof arms too. The rear upper links are standard rangie with a Dobbin Engineering A-Frame swivel joint.
We also had to make up some tailshafts, and these are all new units featuring double cardin joints both front and rear.
I also had Colin come around and put a new head unit in for me. Big Earl also put a flash new UHF with all the controls on the mic in for me!
Up front we have fitted an IPF headlight upgrade kit that has lenses, reflectors, 90/130 globes and the wiring harness as well. To complement these, I have 4 x Lightforce 170's, just in case I get scared of the dark!
I have had the exhaust opened up from the header pipe back, utilising a stainless muffler. Sounds pretty cool, but will add some extracters later for a real tuff noise! The other thing we had to make up was some braided brakelines.
Well, thats about it so far, but hopefully coming soon will be a sturdy set of sliders, some bashplating, and maybe a rear quater chop to finish it off.
Id like to thank all involved in helping out, including Jeff, Liam, Colin, Earl and Shane Eslick for their hard work, it wouldnt be as far along as it is without your help guys, so thanks!

Return to “Range Rover”