Post up your Rovers and their Specs

Chilli
Been here a while

Unread post by Chilli » January 30th, 2008, 6:27 pm

This is my 93 V8 Disco. I've only had it for about 18 months and its done around 138,000 km all up. I got it at 116,000km so I was pretty happy with that. All I've needed to do is change the oil filter every 8,000km and put a new set of plugs in it. It was really stock when I got it the things I have added are;

Exterior:
-Bilstein shocks and King Springs all heavy duty which lifts it up a tad.
-31X10.5 R15 Silverstone All Terrains and new silver sunnies (I had to cut the guards about 2 inches all round and part of the bull bar to fit em.
-A full length tradesman roof cage with hi lift jack and shovel brackets.
-Tough Dog steering damper
-Air flow snorkel which I fitted in the driveway last week (a disaster but I got it on).
-IPF 800D spotlights with 130w globes
-Its got an ARB front bar, reese rear bar.
-I chucked on some plumbers piping on the roof racks to carry my surf rods.
UHF and AM radio antennas.

Interior:
Garmin 45XL land and marine GPS,
Navman S50,
JVC ipod car stereo (reads straight from the ipod),
Uniden UHF radio,
GME Electrophone AM radio.
Tirfor hand winch and air compressor in the far back.

It's manily set up for getting to remote fishing spots on the beach and for a bit of off roading when it rains:thumb: . It's not the greatest looking truck but it was what I could afford and its all paid for. Thanks for looking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[color=green][font=Arial][/font][/color]

Punk_Cruiser
Been here a while
Location: wishing I was in the NT or Brisbane instead of 4 seasons in a Day Victoria

Unread post by Punk_Cruiser » January 30th, 2008, 10:07 pm

hey 101ron I asume because your rover weighs under 4500kgs you can drive it on a standard c class licence or am I talking crap. BTW I think your rigs is awseome.

cheers
1997 40th anvisery 80 series gxl, 1hz powered with K & N air filter redback extracors, 2.5 mecury turbo diesel exhaust, arb rear bar and airtek snorkel, Bridestone d694 desert duellers and pedders towing suspension. Can nowdance at 3000 - 4000 rpm no worr

Psimpson7

Unread post by Psimpson7 » February 1st, 2008, 9:15 pm

Heres a couple of pics of my Landy.

Its a 2001 Defender 90 td5

Loads of tweaks including

Front and rear ARB Diff locks
Front and rear Winches (8274 and 9.5xp)
Albright solenoids
Rock Sliders
Full roll cage
OME LTR damper
2" OME Lift
galvanised chassis
modified electronics
Discovery 2 flashable ecu
Diff Guards
255 85 r16 bfg mud terrains (hopefully 35" krawlers soon too!)
etc etc
Also has Lightforce 240 blitz lights not pictured

Pete

Muddydigger
Been here a while

Unread post by Muddydigger » February 4th, 2008, 3:51 pm

Heres mine 95 HSE 4.6

D-Fender
Been here a while

Unread post by D-Fender » February 4th, 2008, 4:09 pm

Hey guys, I wanna get a Defender 90 But I love the Landy 101's,. 101Ron mate nice work thats a sweet truck, love it :D:thumb::D:thumb:

Cheers!

Pr.J.Chilton
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Pr.J.Chilton » February 4th, 2008, 5:01 pm

83 RRC with auto box conversion, 3.5L, twin carbies, elec ignition.
I will be picking it up this week

101 Ron
Avid Poster

Unread post by 101 Ron » February 6th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Standard car licence to drive a 101 .
You would not want to put the missus behind the wheel.
Heavy steering and if you want to stop you must plan well ahead.
It drives like a truck with early model rangie running gear.

Rick
Been here a while

BBM Rick's Rangie "Sherman the Sherwood"

Unread post by Rick » February 9th, 2008, 10:01 am

Yes, it is a Rover. A 1992 Range Rover "Sherwood" limited edition to be exact! Only 50 Sherwoods made it to Aus, and here I am chopping it up! Haha!
So far we have spent a bit of time in the car hole doing a few nessecary mods. First up was a 4in lift, featuring Tough Dog coils and 41mm bore Foam Cell shocks. We followed this by chopping a fair bit of guard, door and body away to fit the big flares that make room for the 35in MTZ's. These are mounted to a set of Mickey Thompson Classic Locks measuring 17x9.
Underneath we have fitted the 60 series Landcruiser diffs that used to reside under Cowboy Shanes Rangie, and these came fitted with airlockers, 4.5:1 ratios, and CroMo CV's.
So far I have also had a 3rd's Draglink made up (soon to be followed by a matching Tierod), a set of Big O drop radius arms, and we put a set of 3rd's rear lower bombproof arms too. The rear upper links are standard rangie with a Dobbin Engineering A-Frame swivel joint.
We also had to make up some tailshafts, and these are all new units featuring double cardin joints both front and rear.
I also had Colin come around and put a new head unit in for me. Big Earl also put a flash new UHF with all the controls on the mic in for me!
Up front we have fitted an IPF headlight upgrade kit that has lenses, reflectors, 90/130 globes and the wiring harness as well. To complement these, I have 4 x Lightforce 170's, just in case I get scared of the dark!
I have had the exhaust opened up from the header pipe back, utilising a stainless muffler. Sounds pretty cool, but will add some extracters later for a real tuff noise! The other thing we had to make up was some braided brakelines.
Well, thats about it so far, but hopefully coming soon will be a sturdy set of sliders, some bashplating, and maybe a rear quater chop to finish it off.
Id like to thank all involved in helping out, including Jeff, Liam, Colin, Earl and Shane Eslick for their hard work, it wouldnt be as far along as it is without your help guys, so thanks!

Rocky4.4
Need to get out more

Unread post by Rocky4.4 » February 9th, 2008, 10:31 am

Nice Rangie Rick, Pitty about the Toy diff's under her would not think there would be much of a price difference between the Toy and Rover diff's once all locked with Maxi's in them ?? Any reason for not keeping them?
[align=center][b]OUTER CONTROL 4X4[/b][/align]
2002 Ford Courier Dual Cab XLT 2.5 T/D, 3'' Zorst, Detroit Rear Locker, Efs Shocks, Rockcrawler Rear Leafs, Arb Turbo Timer, Dual Battery's, Wound up Turbo and Modified Diesel Injector Pump, Black Sunnies, 31 Bighorns, Airflow Snorkel, Unifilter

Rick
Been here a while

Unread post by Rick » February 9th, 2008, 10:39 am

Rocky4.4 wrote:Nice Rangie Rick, Pitty about the Toy diff's under her would not think there would be much of a price difference between the Toy and Rover diff's once all locked with Maxi's in them ?? Any reason for not keeping them?
I got the diffs off a mate who had em in his Rangie. So they were ready to bolt in, built, and the price was RIGHT! I seriously doubt I could have gotten one diff "Max-ied" for the money I paid for the Toy's.

Rocky4.4
Need to get out more

Unread post by Rocky4.4 » February 9th, 2008, 10:57 am

BBM Rick wrote:I got the diffs off a mate who had em in his Rangie. So they were ready to bolt in, built, and the price was RIGHT! I seriously doubt I could have gotten one diff "Max-ied" for the money I paid for the Toy's.
I payed about 2,800 for mine but did most of it myself, Put arb locker in the front with the maxi axles was a bit cheaper around 2,500, Can't say much as i have a leyland p76 motor and Ford radiator.
[align=center][b]OUTER CONTROL 4X4[/b][/align]
2002 Ford Courier Dual Cab XLT 2.5 T/D, 3'' Zorst, Detroit Rear Locker, Efs Shocks, Rockcrawler Rear Leafs, Arb Turbo Timer, Dual Battery's, Wound up Turbo and Modified Diesel Injector Pump, Black Sunnies, 31 Bighorns, Airflow Snorkel, Unifilter

cewilson
Been here a while

Unread post by cewilson » February 14th, 2008, 7:35 pm

Below is my old girl. It is a 93 Defender, 200tDi. Now has over 500k on the clock.

So far I have:

Winch bullbar
Spotlights
GME UHF
GME AM CB
Roof Console
Halogen Inserts
Chequerplate (to cover damage esp)
Side Steps
Roof Rack
Discovery high range gears
Maxi-Drive low range gears
Maxi-Drive track rod
Maxi-Drive rear axle
Hankook Muddies - 235/85 R16
Safari Snorkel
E-Trek GPS
Laptop running OziExplorer and Garmin mapping
Touch Screen

Items on there way (mainly because I just busted the front diff)

Front & Rear ARB diff locks
Maxi-Drive front axles and Drive Flanges - well from Barry anyway
ARB air compressor and tyre kit - for the above diff locks
Tyredog tyre monitoring system
2" suspension lift - either pro-comp or OME
Ironman 12,000lb winch
Laptop mount - touch screen is too small and fiddly to use

This vehicle has carried me from Tassie to the NT around my various postings, as well as doing tracks like the Simpson, Watagans, Stockton, Gregory N.P, Canberra and heaps all in between. I couldn't have asked for a better vehicle for capability and touring. I have 3 children and a wife (kinda part of the package) and this vehicle has carried us around with some great memories.

Pics from other trips etc are on: 4WD Photos @ 4WD Links :: cewilson

Hope you like it

Cheers
Chris

Don't take life so seriously - it's not permanent!!!

Trobbo
Here and there

Unread post by Trobbo » February 27th, 2008, 1:06 pm

OK here it is. My 94 ES Discovery. Usually seen caressing the mountain ranges around eastern Melbourne but more recently ventured north to sunny (cough) queensland where our group managed to get flooded on fraser island due to persistent rains. It runs a
4.6 ltr V8
Gas injection
40mm body lift
3 inch spring lift
f&r lockers
4.11 diffs
warn highmount
Modded ARB bull bar
HID's in the garage waiting to be fitted.
etc, etc
Usually runs 35's but I sometimes put the all terrains on, if it is going to do some miles on the blacktop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
diff locks - if they dont get you out of trouble your in more trouble than when you began.

2stroke
Avid Poster

My 1995 300TDI dualcab.

Unread post by 2stroke » February 27th, 2008, 7:20 pm

I bought it about 5 yrs ago it had 168 k on it then,now it's got 205 k should do me for a while yet.It has 120L long range tank with guard ,rear maxidrive long travel shocks two batteries,no swaybars and on board compressor,the rest you can see.

cewilson
Been here a while

Unread post by cewilson » February 28th, 2008, 7:23 pm

Very nice 2stroke. You might have noticed that I have a soft spot for Defenders!
Don't take life so seriously - it's not permanent!!!

Return to “Range Rover”