LR322 and the limited after market accessories.....

ozTim
I'm new, be nice!

LR322 and the limited after market accessories.....

Unread post by ozTim » February 11th, 2013, 8:53 am

I'm back in the mother land WA now have just purchased an 09' TDV8 L322 and am disgusted at the lack of bolt on after market accessories. There is a rear mounted ladder AGP790020 that is configured with the genuine expedition roof rack CAB500130PMA- and its only available for the UK market...WTF - how many London based L322 owners are gonna need a roof rack let alone a ladder.. Sump guard 16-SPGDS3 - another part not available for the Aussie market....These are ideal for the Aussie market. I fixed that problem and have a mate sending me a package with both the ladder and the sump guard.. ..
As for the front bar, I was informed last week there is an aluminium and a steel variant coming out shortly - I believe it is a bumper replacement number with driving lights fabricated into it. I have put my name down for the 1st one and am going to get it sprayed the same Landrover metallic black the car is. I like the rest of the L322 owners in Australia want to add more protection to the front end so as we don't destroy our rides on our our skipping national emblems.....Just because its not a Toyota or a Nissan and maybe it has a few additional safety features- dosn't mean to say that it can't be designed and marketed........Had my rant....... :crazy:
Next question.....anyone had any troubles with these models??? :truck:

garrycol
Avid Poster

Re: LR322 and the limited after market accessories.....

Unread post by garrycol » February 11th, 2013, 9:52 am

Are you sure there is a var coming? Are you getting confused with the new "genuine" bar for the D4 - your description sounds like it. I have a RRS and there are far more on the road than the L322 and there is no bar for mine.

I agree with your general comments about the lack of equipment - when I have asked ARB and the others they have said there is no market and I responded that may be because they are not making anything. For a few years the RRS outsold the D3 and even then nothing was being made so I doubt you will get much specific for the L322 in Aust and will have to go overseas.

Good luck finding stuff.

Garry

ozTim
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by ozTim » February 11th, 2013, 2:49 pm

Hi Garry- Yes I believe there is front bar in research and design . I have found a fabricator that is happy to make rock sliders and roof rack system and he is even considering designing a front bar. I am no getting mixed up with the D4. I don't mid going overseas, I'll do what I have to do. I think the TDV8 is the best they have come up with yet for a range rover in the diesel department. i will post stuff as soon as I get info.
Cheers
Tim

garrycol
Avid Poster

Unread post by garrycol » February 12th, 2013, 9:50 am

I have an acquaintance with an earlier L322 and he has an aftermarket roof rack (I have a Rhino/Thurle/Tigerez combo on my roof) so many of the aftermarket stuff can fit.

Due to compliance testing requirements getting a "legal" bar made up will be problematic so if the one you have investigated comes through that would be better. A D3 bar will go on my RRS but as they are only complianced for the D3 I cannot fit one legally.

If you are not already a member sign up to www.aulro.com as there are a lot of people on there who have L322s and either have fitted gear to their cars or like you are looking.

Garry

Return to “Range Rover”