Will Tigerz11 Winchs fit a Disco II Td5 ARB Deluxe Winch Bar

Rain Maker
Here and there

Will Tigerz11 Winchs fit a Disco II Td5 ARB Deluxe Winch Bar

Unread post by Rain Maker » September 15th, 2010, 2:54 pm

Hoping some Disco owners might be able help me out. My question which I have been unable to find a definitive answer for by searching is will a Tigerz11 12000lb winch (with Plasma) fit an ARB Deluxe winch bar on a 99 Disco II Td5? (I’ve read some people say that the single speed 12,000lb will fit all ARB bars but not the dual speed model.) Would also consider the 9000lb model if anyone can offer any specific guidance.

PS. I’ve already searched on AULRO as well and can’t find anything definitive either
Last edited by Rain Maker on September 16th, 2010, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garrycol
Avid Poster

Re: Will Tigerz11 Winchs fit a Disco II Tdi ARB Deluxe Winch

Unread post by garrycol » September 15th, 2010, 4:04 pm

Just a minor thing - if you have a diesel D2 it is not a Tdi - it will be a TD5. If it is a Tdi then your vehicle is not a D2 but a D1.

Cheers

Garry

Rain Maker
Here and there

Unread post by Rain Maker » September 16th, 2010, 2:26 pm

Oops, my mistake :o
It's for my parents car who I'm helping out with the research (I obviously need to do a little more myself!!). I guess I can expect a ton of similar replies from the same mistake I've made on the Land Rover forum.

Stampy
Part of the furniture

Re: Will Tigerz11 Winchs fit a Disco II Td5 ARB Deluxe Winch

Unread post by Stampy » September 16th, 2010, 3:19 pm

Why not ring, email or contact one of their dealers?

http://www.tigerz11.com.au/
el en one oh 6

garrycol
Avid Poster

Unread post by garrycol » September 16th, 2010, 3:25 pm

Rain Maker wrote:Oops, my mistake :o
It's for my parents car who I'm helping out with the research (I obviously need to do a little more myself!!). I guess I can expect a ton of similar replies from the same mistake I've made on the Land Rover forum.
No worries but I think D1s and D2s have different bull bars so may have an impact on an answer to your question.

Rain Maker
Here and there

Unread post by Rain Maker » September 17th, 2010, 2:18 pm

Stampy wrote:Why not ring, email or contact one of their dealers?

I have spoken to a dealer and he confirmed that a single speed 12000lb will fit any ARB bar. I guess I was just hoping for that warm and fuzzy that someone here (read: independant) could confirm from personal experience that one will fit without any dramas.
05 MK Triton: ARB Front & Rear Bars, EFS 2" Lift, IPF Spotties, Magnum 9k Winch with Plasma, Canopy, Dueller AT's

Rain Maker
Here and there

Unread post by Rain Maker » September 17th, 2010, 2:24 pm

garrycol wrote:
Rain Maker wrote:Oops, my mistake :o
No worries but I think D1s and D2s have different bull bars so may have an impact on an answer to your question.
The Cars a 99 D2 TD5. The bullbar hasn't been purchased yet, still researching and planning the order of mods. ARB bar is top of the preference list and compatability with the Tigerz winch would just be icing on the cake.
05 MK Triton: ARB Front & Rear Bars, EFS 2" Lift, IPF Spotties, Magnum 9k Winch with Plasma, Canopy, Dueller AT's

Guss
Admin

Unread post by Guss » September 17th, 2010, 3:40 pm

What the dealer told you is correct the Tigerz11 12000lb single speed will fit all ARB winch bars.

Guss.

garrycol
Avid Poster

Unread post by garrycol » September 17th, 2010, 4:59 pm

Rain Maker wrote:The bullbar hasn't been purchased yet, still researching and planning the order of mods. ARB bar is top of the preference list and compatability with the Tigerz winch would just be icing on the cake.
You might be able to find one on AULRO markets - you never know if you don't have a look.

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » November 29th, 2010, 11:44 pm

Stampy wrote:Why not ring, email or contact one of their dealers?

The 12,000lb ss Tigerz11 winch is the same dimensions as a Warn 9.5 etc. It will fit.
I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

Return to “Discovery II”