1999 manual td5 - CDL

Disco Stu td5
I'm new, be nice!

1999 manual td5 - CDL

Unread post by Disco Stu td5 » February 9th, 2012, 8:38 pm

Hey guys,
fairly new to the forum but im starting to get into it. I bought a disco 2 after seeing dads disco 1 V8 in action and loved it, had no issues and goes anywhere, especially with muddies. I do however have a couple of questions:

CDL. I read some other posts/threads and realise that LR took out the CDL as the D2 has TC. Is this really effective? When i put my D2 in LOW, is there any locking at all?? Other fulltime 4WDs, ie: toyota 80 series automatically engage the centre diff lock when in low. I know i can get a lever kit and cable kit installed and enable the CDL but i got quoted around $800 parts and fitted, when i can get a ARB locker for around $1500...

AND...

My Tracion control seems to work, but sometimes it sounds like marbles in a can, im told this is normal???

I would apreciate any advice you could give a new landy lover!

Cheers

LUX65
Here and there

Re: 1999 manual td5 - CDL

Unread post by LUX65 » April 3rd, 2012, 8:12 pm

If have a bit of mechanical ability you can get the cable actuator for approx $450.
Another good place for info is www.aulro.com

Psimpson7

Re: 1999 manual td5 - CDL

Unread post by Psimpson7 » April 3rd, 2012, 8:36 pm

With your being a 1999 it should have the diff lock in the transfer case, just no lever. As below you can buy these from places like http://www.ashcrofttransmissions.co.uk/ ... ductId=137

They arent that hard to fit.

Without it the traction control isnt as good as it is with one.

Even fitting a locker wont help much if you cant lock the centre diff, as the power will just spin away at the end of the car with the least traction.

Return to “Discovery II”