Hard to find Disco 1 parts

Hocks
Been here a while

Hard to find Disco 1 parts

Unread post by Hocks » March 3rd, 2013, 4:48 pm

Hi,

Long time since I have been on.

I have ordered some replacement parts.
Some of the parts I am struggling to obtain.

Switches for the aircon/heater.

I have a 1994 Discovery 200TDi.

the controls are the sliding type, rather than the dial type.
The internal mechanism has broken and beyond repair, so I hope to replace both switches.

I am also after the power steering hoses, but again finding it difficult to find a new replacement.

thanks

Hocks
Been here a while

hard to find replacement parts

Unread post by Hocks » March 3rd, 2013, 4:54 pm

Seems that I may have a bigger problem.
It seems the aircon power is linked to the electric windows.
They both seem to fail at the same time, so not do I not have any Air con in Port Hedland, up to 50 degree days, but I am also without the option of opening the windows.

There is another issue but not sure is possibly linked.
The central locking system is temperamental.

The problem of the windows and central locking started when I had new tint put on a few weeks back. When the windows do open, they sometimes lock the passenger door.

I have not had the door panels off yet but that will be the first place I look.
As far as I can see from the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual, none of the circuits are linked. So maybe just a coincidence.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Hocks
Last edited by Hocks on March 4th, 2013, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hocks
Been here a while

Re: hard to find replacement parts

Unread post by Hocks » March 3rd, 2013, 4:56 pm

Also, is there anyone in the Pilbara able to assist in any spares?
I'd like to upgrade the seats, any suggestions.
I thought about swapping them for a newer model, so if anyone have a rolled vehicle or anything??

Hocks

Pajo

Re: Hard to find parts

Unread post by Pajo » March 3rd, 2013, 5:05 pm

A HOUSE IS A MANS CASTLE..............WHEN THE WIFE IS OUT.

Darknight
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Darknight » March 3rd, 2013, 5:32 pm

If you've got the hoses off the car take them down to the local Enzed/Pirteck dealer tell them what they are for grunt and point.

For the other bits of the local guys won't help most UK parts suppliers are happy to ship to Aust it's pretty quick too.

Personally I've used these guys without a drama http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/ may not be the cheapest easy to deal with and quick fuss free service.

Suek
Been here a while

Unread post by Suek » March 3rd, 2013, 5:35 pm

Try emailing some of the UK places like Paddock spares, John Craddocks, Brit part etc.. I bet they will have what you are looking for and you will be surprised that the postage is not that much - plus the parts are always cheaper!

Ebay also has lots and lots of obscure Land Rover parts.. it's just a matter of typing the right thing into the search box.. :)

Hocks
Been here a while

Unread post by Hocks » March 4th, 2013, 9:25 pm

Thanks guys, I have sent messages to all the sites in Australia, America, and the UK that I could find.
You'd be surprised, the States has quite a following with Landrover.
Not sure if it's the distance or what, but only Paddocks replied, I was after a few other parts.
The other items are on order and I am waiting.
They are unable to supply the switches. I may have to take the old ones out and replace them with an off the shelf replacement from an electric store, as it seems the part is no longer available.

Thanks again guys.

Disco98
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Disco98 » April 22nd, 2013, 8:09 pm

Hi Hocks,

Try Land Vehicle Spares in Sydney, they'll freight anywhere in Oz and wreck landrovers, second hand parts might be the way to get you moving until you can source new parts

Alan at British 4wd is also very help, resourceful and clued up when it comes to landrovers, he has helped me out too many times to count.

I'll second taking the power steering lines to pertek or similar, I did this 8yrs ago and haven't touched them since.

Also, be careful with seats, the bases change between years, I bought a drivers seat to replace mine from a 96 model, mine is a 98 and the base was completely different. If you get aftermarket seats they may need to be checked by an engineer, especially if any mods are done, so get any work you do checked.

Matt

Return to “Discovery I”