lockers, TRUE TRACK or DETROIT LOCKER

mick06
Getting to know the place

lockers, TRUE TRACK or DETROIT LOCKER

Unread post by mick06 » October 18th, 2012, 1:51 pm

HI guy . Is anybody running these types of lockers in the back diff of there disco 1.
They are sold by LOCKED DRIVE SYSTEMS was quoted some prices, It all looks and sounds ok.
Any feedback welcome.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: lockers, TRUE TRACK or DETROIT LOCKER

Unread post by Peter Aawen » October 18th, 2012, 3:26 pm

Hi Mick, the Tru-Trac isn't a 'true locker', but rather it's a geared LSD - very good for traction, but still a Limited Slip Diff with their inherent shortfalls. The Detroit Locker is the 'true locker' out of these two, and I know quite a few people running them in Disco's of various vintages - I don't know of anyone who is disappointed, or at least if they are, they haven't told me :D Every time I see them they are grinning and saying what a great investment!! I've run both in quite a few different vehicles over a few years & still run Detroit lockers in a couple of vehicles (not Disco's) - personally, I have no idea why anyone would bother running any of the lesser lockers, cos none of them work as well/smoothly/quietly as the Detroit! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

DJR96
Need to get out more

Unread post by DJR96 » October 18th, 2012, 3:49 pm

Have a read of this topic, it goes into it a bit.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=102108
Cheers, Dave.
RCV Supertourer build:- [url]http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36370[/url]

mick06
Getting to know the place

Unread post by mick06 » October 19th, 2012, 3:38 pm

Thanks for the help guys. It's away good to hear any stories about a product, good or bad. I think one of these will go a long way to helping the disco offroad.

Return to “Discovery I”