What Suspension works best?

Damo79
I'm new, be nice!

What Suspension works best?

Unread post by Damo79 » August 21st, 2012, 9:32 pm

Hi All,
New to this and just got myself a 93' Discovery Series 1 with the 3.9L V8. I am looking at a few upgrades with the first one being a 2" lift so I can fit larger M/T's. What brands do people prefer to run in these. Obviously theres OME, TJM, Ironman, Terrain Tamer, bilstien, etc... I am just after some other peoples experience. I am planning on using it just as a weekend play toy. It isnt a daily driver and never will be. It has an ARB bullbar fitted to the front and will be getting a winch also. It also has a towbar fitted but not planning on it being used for towing, it also may end up with a roof rack. The main places it will be going is into the Vic high country. I would like something that gives it the extra lift (2") and also allows it to flex well. I have heard about progressive coils but dont know much about them. Are they a good idea? would they be more likely to sag quicker than ragular coils?
Any opinions are greatly appreciated,
Cheers,
Damo

manchild21000
Been here a while

Re: What Suspension works best?

Unread post by manchild21000 » August 22nd, 2012, 12:29 pm

I got most of my stuff of Gwyns .Great ,cheap and it works .Won a few ramp travel challenge with his setup .
http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk/
George
At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
his story ready to tell,
St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Damo79
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Damo79 » August 22nd, 2012, 4:27 pm

Thanks George, I will have a look at them.

Mr. Squiggles
Avid Poster

Unread post by Mr. Squiggles » August 22nd, 2012, 5:28 pm

Damo, I've got a D1 with King springs & Bilsteins. I'm forever repeating this but.... they've done the Sandover to Hatches Ck, the Gibb, Gunbarrel, Simpson, Vic High Country & a hell of a lot more. They were installed in 2005 & are still going strong. I've got a few cronies who have different shockies & there's not much in it between them but all agree the Billies have that little something extra. Hope this helps.
Life is Sexually Transmitted!

Zen_Section8
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Zen_Section8 » September 27th, 2012, 11:55 am

Hi Mate, I did a 2inch lift on my old TDI, I used the Ironman stuff, and it was superb, cheap and worked really well, didnt sag on me the time I had it, two years of abuse. I would recomend them, either that or the EFS I have in my new landy is pretty good too.
1991 Land Rover Discovery V8 5Spd
- 2in EFS Lift
- 33in MT MTZ's
- TJM Winch bar
- Iron Man 12,000lbs Winch
- Piranah Dual Battery system
- ARB Rear Air Locker

Return to “Discovery I”