Torque Converter lock up

disco_dave
I'm new, be nice!

Torque Converter lock up

Unread post by disco_dave » January 19th, 2012, 12:07 pm

Hi im after some information on the lock up function in our autos. I live in the Adelaide Hills and the speed limit is 80 kmh.
As you can imagine im lugging around in top gear with the TC (Torque Converter) locked or revving too high in 3rd. So my question is can the TC lock up speed (80 kmh) be adjusted or can it be turned off by installing a switch some where in the system so i can be in top gear with the TC unlocked?
thanks
Dave

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Torque Converter lock up

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 19th, 2012, 12:54 pm

check out the Why Auto vs Manual thread for some info on autos, and check out this link for some info on torque converters:

http://www.jegs.com/s/tech-articles/tor ... +Converter

and you really should look at the website/talk to the blokes at Wholesale Automatics about mods you can do to your auto trans.

www.automatictransmission.com.au

They may well have some enhancements that can make your auto perform better both on and off road AND return better fuel economy doing it! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

disco_dave
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Torque Converter lock up

Unread post by disco_dave » January 19th, 2012, 12:58 pm

OK thanks mate ill have a look.
thanks
Dave

Return to “Discovery I”