Fuel consumption for Suzuki Jimny.

petermountainhick
I'm new, be nice!

Fuel consumption for Suzuki Jimny.

Unread post by petermountainhick » November 4th, 2014, 1:37 pm

Hello to all. My name is Peter and I recently purchased a Suzuki Jimny in the Philippines. It is a 2004 model Automatic Hard Top in good condition with 74000kms on the clock. My major problem is that i am only getting 5kms/lt or 20lts/100kms. I know that I should be getting at least double this in fuel economy. I have replaced the spark plugs which appeared slightly burnt and also a small rubber cap on the fuel return canister that was faulty. But to no avail. The vehicle runs well whilst travelling but has an intermittent miss when hot and idiling. Prior to replacing the the rubber cap on the fuel return canister there was a strong smell of petrol coming from the engine. The cap replacement stopped that smell to a large degree but there is still a slight smell of petrol there when the engine is hot and idiling. Can anyone PLEASE offer any suggestions as to what may be causing this very poor consumption or where I should begin to look.

petermountainhick
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Fuel consumption for Suzuki Jimny.

Unread post by petermountainhick » November 24th, 2014, 6:06 pm

Hi All, it has been a few weeks now and not a single reply to my question re fuel consumption in my Jimny. Surely there is some Guru out there that can lend some assistance before my excessive demand for fuel starts to increase the world price for oil. Still only getting 5kms/lt. Please Helpppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Jimny”