2013 Jimny Modifications-Who's done what? Warranty impacts?

Herdo182
Getting to know the place

2013 Jimny Modifications-Who's done what? Warranty impacts?

Unread post by Herdo182 » June 20th, 2013, 8:44 pm

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if any of you out there own a 2013 model facelift Jimny, i recently got one as my first brand new car.

A few questions;

1. Have you got any modifications done to them yet and if so, how did it affect warranty? This is my main concern.

2. Any word on Snorkels or Bull bars? Xrox possibly has a bar so I've heard and ARB is "developing" one but who knows. Whats the big deal anyway? Surely the front end chassis hasn't changed too much?

I'm obviously not worried about minor mods such as electrics mods, I've done some rear cargo work to make my Jim usable. damn rear seats. I'm more or less asking about modifications such as minor lifts, such as a 40 mm or at MOST 80 mm. When the bank allows me to i would consider an exhaust upgrade, i'm sick of being mistaken for a Prius and I've heard a 2 inch or 1 3/4 inch can add a few horses.

If you have any information i would love to hear, feel free to include recent trips in your Jimny's as well, such a capable little beast aren't they? :lol:
I own a 2013 Jimny, no, i'm not a hairdresser.

kitky
I'm new, be nice!

Re: 2013 Jimny Modifications-Who's done what? Warranty impac

Unread post by kitky » December 8th, 2013, 4:18 pm

Hi Herdo,
I have just bought the facelift model and have added the following Xrox bullbar with magnum winch
2" lift from suzisport, front and rear
towbar
roof bars
rear drawer ( seats removed ) fridge to come
and window tinting.

So far no probs but I am looking for a dual battery system so I can hook up the winch properly.
I would be only to happy to answer any questions you might have, also please pass on any mods or problems so we can both learn.

Cheers and good luck

ZookFastback
Been here a while

Unread post by ZookFastback » March 15th, 2014, 7:10 pm

My Jimny has few mods, but it is pretty well setup the way I want it.

It is the Spanish version and I changed the rear for a Fastback that I made myself with the help of a local man who sews really good.
The car has:
Wider tyres on alloy rims for on-the-road use, narrower taller tyres on Sunraysia for of-the-road use.
Snorkel with pre-filter so that I have to change the main filter less often.
Large plate under the transfer box to protect it
Front diff Guard
A-Type Nudge Bar and Small spotlights and Matt Bonnet with louvres removed
Hayman Reece Towbar
An old Uniden UHF CB Radio
Sidesteps, which are handy protection when you roll up against trees and boulders :crazy:
Removed the Original exhaust system and replaced with 100cpsi Cat in place of 400cpsi Cat and 2" system, more power and nice growling sound...
https://soundcloud.com/ian-john-kiernan/2inchzook You may have to click on the white arrow in orange circle to start the sound-bite
... and I recently fitted a brand new head when the old one gave out at about 386,000 k's :eek:

Plus, I have an appropiate-sized little boat to buzz around in and it is a delight to tow behind the Jimny Fastback

Last edited by ZookFastback on March 15th, 2014, 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ian from Frankston :crazy:

Ordinary Jimnys go "Ok"
but Santana Jimnys go "Ole!"

It's hard to run like an Emu
when you are GIRT by Numbats

ZookFastback
Been here a while

Unread post by ZookFastback » March 15th, 2014, 7:23 pm

Oops, just re-read the topic (Ok, just read it properly for the first time :( ) and realised it refers to 2013 Models whereas I've had this Jimny for 13 years. Sorry, feel free to delete :)
Ian from Frankston :crazy:

Ordinary Jimnys go "Ok"
but Santana Jimnys go "Ole!"

It's hard to run like an Emu
when you are GIRT by Numbats

Return to “Jimny”