Does an '01 Jimmny have an oxygen sensor and fuel filter?

Nickey
Here and there

Does an '01 Jimmny have an oxygen sensor and fuel filter?

Unread post by Nickey » December 22nd, 2012, 12:04 pm

have a 2001 jimny and have a couple of questions. bought an owner's manual but they sent one for a new model.
does the 2001 models have an oxygen sensor. the manual i have suggests that some do and some don't but doesn't elaborate any further than that.
also, do 2001 models have a fuel filter. manual suggests that only the diesels have one.

i know you are probably wondering why don't i just go look. well i'm in latvia, i have not garage, we are covered in snow and it is far below zero.

thanks for your help.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Does an '01 Jimmny have an oxygen sensor and fuel filter

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 22nd, 2012, 4:40 pm

Pretty sure they've got a fuel filter Nickey, and if it's fuel injected it will probably have an Oxygen Sensor too. Hopefully one of the Jimny Owner/readers can help you with info on where they both are. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

ZookFastback
Been here a while

Unread post by ZookFastback » December 23rd, 2012, 7:34 am

My Jimny Fastback is a 2001 model with the G13BB engine which is the SOHC model. The Oxygen sensor is down on the exhaust and the Fuel Filter is inside the fuel tank along with the fuel pump.

Not sure about the M13A DOHC engine.

Ian from Frankston :crazy:

Ordinary Jimnys go "Ok"
but Santana Jimnys go "Ole!"

It's hard to run like an Emu
when you are GIRT by Numbats

dogbox
Been here a while

Unread post by dogbox » January 19th, 2015, 6:47 pm

if you go to the parts shop an see if a fuel filter is listed I could not find one at supercheap so I assumed it was not a servicable item

Return to “Jimny”