Got or want bigger tyres? Come in here!

Nemesis
Admin

Got or want bigger tyres? Come in here!

Unread post by Nemesis » September 12th, 2014, 4:22 pm

Originally started as a research topic years ago in the utes sections, the tyre topics are so popular it's time to start an new info archive in each sub section, not just for the ute people!

What we want is a collective tried and tested database of info on what works for your model fourby. No hearsay!

So, if you have upgraded your tyre size, let us know what had to be done and whether there is any or no scrubbing. What year/model, how much suspension lift, body lift, wheel off set, guard cutting/massaging, gear changes etc? You get the drift.

Fire away and feel free to post supporting pictures!
Nemesis 3 - Turbo FZJ105 Cruiser. Live Axles & Grunt = See Ya!

ebv8
I'm new, be nice!

bigger tyres for 91 swb vit

Unread post by ebv8 » January 1st, 2015, 6:20 pm

i just got my second vitara due to a deal i couldn't refuse
anyway its got some very feminine 15in alloys with 215/75r15 tyres and i'd like to make it look and perform off road a bit better. 90% looks 10% offroad
anyway my last vitara had 31x10.5r15 BFG Mud Terrains but it had a 2in suspension lift but wasn't just springs i think it was a calmini lift
i don't really want to lift the new one but i will if it helps
my tyre options are 30x9.5r15 which might fit nice but they don't look that big
the tyre seller said why not try 255/70r15 which are 29x10 effectively (same price as the 29's)
or 265/70r15 which are 29.6x10.45 effectively.(also same price)
i'm keen on the 265/70r15 as the rolling diameter is not too big and they are nice and wide so will look good.

will a 30x10.5in tyre fit on a stock vit?
or will they fit with a 2in spring spacer lift?

i only drive 8km a day to work and the local offroad trip I have other cars for the highway duties

Return to “Vitara / X90”