LED high beam.

portal
Getting to know the place

LED high beam.

Unread post by portal » November 26th, 2017, 8:01 pm

Hi, just bought a 2017 Vitara AWD with auto. lights function. Low beam is good (LED) but high beam (Halogen) less so. If I replace high beam with HB3 LED globes , do I need CANBUS globes to suit the auto lighting function or is that only necessary on low beam ? Cheers.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: LED high beam.

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 26th, 2017, 8:18 pm

I'm no expert on LED's (amongst other things) but I have helped a few people swap from Halogens to LED's on various vehicles, including a few with CANBUS electrics, so why not just give it a go??

As I understand it, & certainly from what I've seen on those vehicles I have been involved with swapping globes on, if those globes are the right globes then they'll either work OK as is, or they won't! If they don't work (which seems to be fairly uncommon) you'll need to add the necessary bits that will let the CANBUS identify that they are there & let them work.... But you shouldn't need to toss them entirely or give up on the idea, it generally just takes another couple of parts or a slight wiring change so as to let the LED globes function fine! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

portal
Getting to know the place

Re: LED high beam.

Unread post by portal » November 26th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Thanks Peter. I'm tipping it will be OK as auto light function is going to illuminate on Dip anyway, as they are already LED. See how we go.

Return to “Vitara / X90”