Is this a good buy, suzuki sierra

LJ, SJ
mwzook
I'm new, be nice!

Is this a good buy, suzuki sierra

Unread post by mwzook » August 11th, 2014, 10:24 pm

hey fellas, new to the 4x4 world, and I'm looking at buying my first one at 16. :truck:

I'm looking at going with the sierra as it seems a good Idea to start small and work my way up, with fuel effiency being a ideal feature as well. interested as to hearing your thoughts and also your thoughts on this zook and what is good and what isn't good about it, thanks in advance, and I appreciate your time

Matt.

$5000
6 months rego
Wide track model
165xxxkms
Manuel
Front n rear auto lockers
2" cab lift
2" spring lift
2" shackle reversal 6 " lift
32" centerpeads mud tyres
Crawler gears so it gos slow in 4wd
Steering damper
Full professional paint job inside and out
Bucket seats that do adjust
No dents or rust body is perfect
Soft top
Snorkel
Brand new good cd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jer2000
Been here a while

Re: Is this a good buy, suzuki sierra

Unread post by Jer2000 » August 11th, 2014, 11:07 pm

No chance it would pass a rego/safety inspection. Basically, it's lifted way too high via a multiple of methods. You will have problems even registering it.

Gear wise, things like the lockers are good, they are expensive. Low range gears, well that's probably because of those illegal oversize tyres?

Also look into insurance costs. Some companies may not want to cover modified 4wd's for a learner/P-plater. And if you choose no insurance and you do that stereotypical crash into a Ferrari..... ouch.

Good onya for checking before you purchase though! :)
Last edited by Jer2000 on August 11th, 2014, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mwzook
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by mwzook » August 11th, 2014, 11:25 pm

thanks bud, just the information I'm looking for, will have to keep my eyes out for something a bit more suitable :)

masterA
Here and there

Unread post by masterA » August 25th, 2014, 4:54 pm

I've had quite a few zooks and for 90% of the tracks and until you get use to driving a sierra i would strongly suggest no body lift....a basic 2" lift rear locker and 31s is probably all you need
Crawler gears are awsome if it's already fitted
The car will outdrive about 90% of other 'bigger and better' equipped rigs plus you won't accidentally put it on it's side
Also, no need to reverse shackles and all that until you actually know what you're doing with the car and you're comfortable driving it

Plenty of reading on www.AusZookers.com ;)

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » August 25th, 2014, 6:10 pm

These things are insanely capable without many modifications, and as its been mentioned, that is not suited for the road and you'd struggle to get it passed.

Look for a clean, minimally modified one!

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

Return to “Sierra”