What year/model Sierra's came in LWB? Same engines?

LJ, SJ
Statesman
Been here a while

What year/model Sierra's came in LWB? Same engines?

Unread post by Statesman » March 20th, 2014, 4:38 pm

Wondering what year/model Sierras came in a long wheel base. Did they share the same engine as their SWB counterparts?

hoyks
Avid Poster

Re: LWB Sierra

Unread post by hoyks » March 20th, 2014, 5:14 pm

I'm quite sure they shared the same motor... 1000cc of neck snapping power when they were 1st sold. Some later versions came with the 1300. Looking at the layout of the vehicle and the price they were built to I'd almost put money on they only difference being the back 1/3rd of the body and the tail shaft.

From memory they were early to mid '80's. They had the ute version that was made in India that sold here from about '97-2000, also with the 1L engine. I met a bloke that did an engine change and he said it was very simple, so maybe the blocks were basically the same.

Statesman
Been here a while

Re: What year/model Sierra's came in LWB? Same engines?

Unread post by Statesman » March 20th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Thanks for the reply mate. I like the look of them and understand they came in a wide track and narrow track. Was thinking they would make a great beach fishing platform. I guess because of their age they would be leaf suspension ?

4wd Hobbit
Been here a while

Re: What year/model Sierra's came in LWB? Same engines?

Unread post by 4wd Hobbit » March 20th, 2014, 8:26 pm

The LWB first came out in about 1984 with the 1 litre engine. Early the next year the 1300 came out - the same engines, suspension and trims etc as the SWB. I bought a new LWB JX in March 1985 - great vehicle and good performance. Later there was a GRP plastic luxury model made. They were all leaf springs and only came in the same mid 80s track.

Hobbit

Return to “Sierra”