idle OK until H/lights on, then revs & jumps! Ideas?

LJ, SJ
allanricho85
I'm new, be nice!

idle OK until H/lights on, then revs & jumps! Ideas?

Unread post by allanricho85 » February 6th, 2013, 10:52 pm

Guys I'm stumped, iv got a 95 sierra with a 1.3 carby in it, I'm having idle issues, during the day it idles on 900rpms which is all good but as soon as I turn on the head lights it starts reving its ass off and jumping from 2100rpms to 2600rpms when sitting still , and I have no bloody idea why.Any ideas????????????

whincup
Been here a while

Re: idle OK until H/lights on, then revs & jumps! Ideas?

Unread post by whincup » February 7th, 2013, 6:45 pm

these things have an idle up solenoid on the carby to increase the idle when the alternator is under load. i have no idea where it is or how it works, since i have an aftermarket carby... possibly someones buggered around with the setting on it?

wiring diagram says it should have 2 wires plugged into it: plain black, then a brown with a white stripe, hope that helps you find it... if it does, unplug the wires, turn the headlights on and see how it goes.

allanricho85
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by allanricho85 » February 8th, 2013, 4:39 am

Cheers will have a look over the weekend

midnight
Part of the furniture

Unread post by midnight » December 10th, 2013, 11:02 am

My ex had the same issue and she went over all her vacuum lines and copied them off mine as to where they go, and that fixed her problem.

Rattles
Here and there

Unread post by Rattles » March 1st, 2014, 11:25 am

allanricho85 wrote:Guys I'm stumped, iv got a 95 sierra with a 1.3 carby in it, I'm having idle issues, during the day it idles on 900rpms which is all good but as soon as I turn on the head lights it starts reving its ass off and jumping from 2100rpms to 2600rpms when sitting still , and I have no bloody idea why.Any ideas????????????
Yes the is an idle up on the carby.
See PM

Rattles

Return to “Sierra”