wj Grand Cherokee 99-04

pegasus2004
I'm new, be nice!

wj Grand Cherokee 99-04

Unread post by pegasus2004 » April 29th, 2015, 12:32 am

Hi, Well I don't know if anybody else has found the reception from people in general when you reply to them, when they ask you what type of car you drive. Because I have noticed that people can be very opinionated about the vehicle. My reason for saying this is that I'm having trouble getting parts for it and when I do I keep hitting a brick wall. One of the problems is that I paid for a 4wd business to buy me the "Rough Country" 4" suspension kit and I'm getting all sorts of excuses from him and the latest one is that the American Exporter is holding the kit at its dock until The $1000.00 import tax is paid on it before it shipped over to Australia. I don't know which way to turn I've gone to consumer affairs and they recommend to take my complaint to VCat. Help

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: wj Grand Cherokee 99-04

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 3rd, 2015, 3:59 pm

You are right about the opinions from some on Jeeps, but be heartened that it's only usually people who haven't even driven one, let alone owned one!!

Can't help much with the spares/suspension bit beyond saying the 'taking your complaint to VCat' advice is well worth following; even just starting the process & seeking some legal advice is good! It's often amazing the difference that having a Registered Mail letter drafted by a lawyer can make in the way you are treated by a retailer/wholesaler, especially if they've already taken some money from you but haven't produced any product yet!! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Clarkey16
Been here a while

Unread post by Clarkey16 » May 3rd, 2015, 8:42 pm

Name & shame the supplier!
I import my parts my self & have never had this issue.
there is two ways to do it.
1. find a supplier that ships to OZ, get a shipping quote, pay it & wait for delivery. If the total cost of parts & shipping exceeds $1000 au you will receive a bill for 10% GST.
2. Have your parts sent to a shipping company in the US like http://usatoaus.com/ they will bring the parts to Australia much cheaper but you are responsible to pick up your item from Customs & pay the relevant charges. I did this with my front bar, not with them but same process.

Have you tried
http://wooders.com.au/ NSW - Not so easy to get hold of because he is a 1 man show but he knows his Jeeps
http://www.doubleblackoffroad.com/ VIC - very good rep
http://www.poly4x4.com.au/ VIC - knows there Jeeps & can get almost anything
Yes I did! Built with spanners not chop sticks!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 4th, 2015, 8:33 am

Clarkey16 wrote:Name & shame the supplier!.....
Not here please, the Rules & Guidelines we've been given by EMG/A4WDA to operate under don't allow it.
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Clarkey16
Been here a while

Unread post by Clarkey16 » May 4th, 2015, 12:19 pm

I respect the forums position on this subject, but I think these rules should be revised to protect the purchasing public.
This of course is my own opinion & I don’t want to cause conflict.
I will resist the urge. :(
Yes I did! Built with spanners not chop sticks!

Return to “Cherokee / Grand Cherokee”