Any Feedback on a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Greenhornet2
Here and there

Any Feedback on a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Unread post by Greenhornet2 » May 6th, 2014, 4:01 pm

Hi all I'm am looking to buy a 2004 jeep grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 it has 140,000 ks on it and by the looks of it it is in emasculate Condition, it has done no towing or any off road work so it looks pretty good $11000.
My question is are they any less reliable than the common 4wd out there and are they capable of trips to the cape and Kimberly's and what is the actual millage I can expect from it in normal driving. It has a bucket load of electrics which worries me...
Regards kermit

Clarkey16
Been here a while

Re: Any Feedback on a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Unread post by Clarkey16 » May 13th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Capable? Yes but unless you have a big budget get your spares from the states.

Economy? its a V8! is it the HO motor? read this http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/sho ... p?t=100043

No more electrics then any other 4wd of the same age, a quality OBDII reader/code clearer is a must if you want to work on it yourself.

Getting someone to work on it when out of the metro is hard as there is not a lot of Jeep experience in the outback. But in saying that they are no harder to work on then a Ford or Holden of the same age.

For $11k I think its a bit dear for a petrol, should be able to get the 2.7 Diesel for that (Mercedes engine & transmission), a better option in my opinion

A lot more info here http://www.wjjeeps.com/
Yes I did! Built with spanners not chop sticks!

East Coast Traveller
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by East Coast Traveller » March 29th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Great Machine, I have driven two different WJ's to the cape on two seperate trips, five years apart. Both trips went extremely well, no problems. Drive it like you love it, not like your stole it!

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Unread post by typhoeus » March 29th, 2015, 7:57 pm

son has a 4L 6 cylinder one, electric everything. and electrics are not jeeps strong point. The engine loom is prone to degradation from oil leaks, causing rough running and false error codes; if you dunk it above the sills, the electric seats & a lot of the electrics will be affected. there is a module in the console for airbag control(?) the power amp is under the back seat, Also the cooling system needs to be in top condition, as an overheat is fatal
Just a few things to be aware of

Return to “Cherokee / Grand Cherokee”