Got any feedback on WK 2014 Laredo Diesels? looking to buy 1

GTiBren
Avid Poster

Got any feedback on WK 2014 Laredo Diesels? looking to buy 1

Unread post by GTiBren » October 7th, 2013, 8:42 am

I am days away from buying one and just wanted to see if the feedback was positive. I took one for test drive and loved it. More important, the finance minister loved it too. I've seen the guys in the states have had a few transmission probs with the new 8 speed but I havent seen as much feedback here. Any input would be appreciated.

GTiBren
Avid Poster

Re: Got any feedback on WK 2014 Laredo Diesels? looking to b

Unread post by GTiBren » October 14th, 2013, 2:51 pm

lol. Thanks for that ;)
still bought one though.

bubble o bill
Here and there

Unread post by bubble o bill » November 11th, 2013, 3:54 pm

Number one selling SUV at the moment.
You won't be dissapointed.

GTiBren
Avid Poster

Unread post by GTiBren » November 11th, 2013, 4:21 pm

Disappointed in Jeep and the dealer with all the hassle I have had not getting the reversing camera yet and waiting 5 weeks for some roof racks. Both of these items I can buy off ebay and have within a week!

Love the car except the Fuel Economy is nowhere near what they claim. Had I known this I probably would have bought a Pajero.

bubble o bill
Here and there

Unread post by bubble o bill » November 16th, 2013, 3:36 pm

That's funny. I read the same thing in yesterdays Daily Telegraph.
Someone asked for an opinion on the Grand Cherokee and Smithy said the biggest problem with Jeeps now is the woeful service from the dealers.
Strange about the fuel economy, herd that was good.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 16th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Being "the number 1 selling SUV" probably doesn't mean squat if they are using US stats to support that.

For a long time the number 1 selling SUV in the world was the Ford Explorer, but the only reason got that label was that the US figures pushed it waaayy up there, even tho they don't necessarily even use them as '4WD's' or ever travel off road at all, and they were including all the sales of 2WD Ford Explorers in their figures too - and they have a vast presence in the 2WD market there!!

So unless the stats are specifically & only looking at 4WD/AWD SUV's, I'd guess that "being number 1" really doesn't mean squat to us here in Aust, & probably means very little in the 4WD market o/seas as well, no matter how good the vehicle might be as a 4WD..... It's just sales people using lies, damned lies, and statistics; and manipulating them to make the figures more likely to impress gullible people with meaningless labels or achievements just to close a sale. :(
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

VDJ_ED
Here and there

Unread post by VDJ_ED » November 16th, 2013, 9:19 pm

rubbish cars

the Diesel's dont seem to like there water pumps...not sure why but the leak quite often.
Trans problems in the 8 speed
Bodies being painted and the color being missed in some spots then clear being put over as if it wasnt picked up a QQ
Massive wait times if the part that fails (even small ones) you have to wait 3-4 weeks for the part to be shipped out as alot of dealerships dont carry the parts for some reason :/

and a couple others that i cant think off the top of my head... basically its a car you only keep if it has warranty. once its gets to the end you better sell it quick smart.

but thats just me, i hate working on them and i think the cars a rubbish.

id be sure to learn the names of the people in your local service department...youll need them :P hahaha
Contact for info on Rent a hoist service in western syd via PM

bubble o bill
Here and there

Unread post by bubble o bill » November 26th, 2013, 11:53 am

Latest sales figures as published in Wheels mag.

Grand Cherokee 1400
Toyota Prado 1130

Official sales figures for month of September.
i'm sure it was number 1 for august too.
so someone is buying em.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 26th, 2013, 3:54 pm

But were they all 4WD's?? Or were half (or more) of them 2WD's??
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

BLU-125

Unread post by BLU-125 » November 26th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Peter, can you buy a 2WD Grand Cherokee in Australia?
2004 GRAND CHEROKEE OVERLAND.

WHAT SIDE WAS YOURS ON IN WW2? :)

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 26th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Well, carsguide au (& other similar mobs) have done road tests on the 2WD's in Aust cities, and there are articles about journo's in Australia test driving them, adverts in the local mags/newspapers for the 2WD versions starting at $45,000 (Aus dollars too) ..... so while I haven't personally taken one for a drive (yert) I reckon there are at least a few around! And since outwardly there isn't a great deal to draw your attention to the difference, there are probably more 2WD Grand Cherokee's on the Aussie roads than many might think! ;)

bubble o bill
Here and there

Unread post by bubble o bill » November 27th, 2013, 3:13 pm

No idea.
You could say the same with the Territory and the RAV4.
I heard a lot of grey nomads were buying them. Great for towing caravans.
One of the highest tow ratings, lots of torque, and now 8 speed.

BLU-125

Unread post by BLU-125 » November 27th, 2013, 5:20 pm

Well I've learned something today. I always assumed that 2wd was only available in the lesser models.........
2004 GRAND CHEROKEE OVERLAND.

WHAT SIDE WAS YOURS ON IN WW2? :)

driquelme
Here and there

Unread post by driquelme » November 29th, 2013, 11:26 am

I was going to buy one in 2012. Then I went to the forums and see if there are any issues? Glad I didn't buy one. They are so nice, love the shape, interior, exterior etc and despite having my heart set on it, I went with the Mitz Challenger. Haven't had an issue and that is my priority. Would hate to be stuck somewhere in a Jeep. All you have to do is go to the forums and realise they are not the best.

Jeep Garage is the forum.

coujo55
Getting to know the place

Unread post by coujo55 » September 28th, 2014, 7:42 pm

I have just had a test drive of the 2014 Laredo 3lt diesel & I must say I was very impressed with the ride ( road noise ) there just wasn't any , performance was very good & couldn't really feel too much when it changed gears, I loved the interior & controls, I am wondering if anyone has one with the quadra trac suspension set up & what they think of it , I think I will be buying one but not sure if the quadra trac is worth getting !

Return to “Cherokee / Grand Cherokee”