Questions about a WJ Grand Cherokee Limited 2004

paddy81
I'm new, be nice!

Questions about a WJ Grand Cherokee Limited 2004

Unread post by paddy81 » August 4th, 2011, 8:58 pm

Hey everyone

I'm new to this site, but I bought a Jeep last year and love it! I have had a couple of little things go wrong, but nothing major! :)

I want to put a set of A/T on and not sure what to get and most places I've been to have told me that you can't get them for this model, which I think is S***... :confused:

I also want to know if there are any common problems with this car, as I just changed the diff oil in it and the auto trans and the rear diff was shocking! The front was ok and so was the auto trans. As for the transfer case I rang Jeep not sure of what oil to use and they couldn't tell me unless I took the car to them to have the work done, which isn't going to happen.

It makes a clicking noise when you put it into gear which I was told is a solenoid problem and once again according to Jeep there are 4 on my model and they all need replacing????????

Last question and I am always confused the by answer. Mine has a Qudratrac 2 system in it not a Quadradrive system and I'm not sure of the difference.

BLU-125

Re: Questions about a WJ Grand Cherokee Limited 2004

Unread post by BLU-125 » August 5th, 2011, 7:43 pm

My 2003 GC arrived today, so my knowledge is a little limited......

A/Ts should be readily available. Mine had 235/65R17 OE and I have ordered 245/65R17 ATR Coopers. Talk to a tyre dealer who is interested in 4WDs.

I don't think that there is that many problems.......maybe blend door vacuum leaks........

Main difference between the different drives is in the diffs. My 2003 has limited slip F&R, while your Q2 has hydraulic "lockers", which use a similar system to the transfer case to ensure even torque distribution regardless of each tyres traction.

Dirty oil mainly shows lack of previous maintenance.
2004 GRAND CHEROKEE OVERLAND.

WHAT SIDE WAS YOURS ON IN WW2? :)

brimma
Here and there

Unread post by brimma » June 30th, 2012, 5:28 pm

hi paddy
just found your post? if ya still got questions bout the wj ( its a bit old now) and what oil to put where , and where to get it pm me or ring?

Raisins78
Been here a while

Unread post by Raisins78 » April 14th, 2013, 1:46 pm

Quadratrac II is constant 4x4....it runs in rear wheel drive all the time, and if detecting wheel spin, brings the front on too. It works quite well, better than I thought it could. The Quadradrive system is the same, but has lockers, which are also switched on and off when wheel spin is detected. its supposed to be pretty much unstoppable, but limits your upgrade options. Put an auto locker (Lokka, Lockrite etc) in the front, and the Quadratrac will go almost anywhere....

As for tyres, id be finding a better shop. in either 16 inch or 17 inch, most brands do AT tyres in multiple sizes, MT's would be harder to find than AT's....but still available.
Now a proud Jeep owner. Bye Bye Nissan! its been great, but ive discovered why people say "Its a jeep thing"

bok1
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by bok1 » November 18th, 2013, 9:16 pm

Hi I have read this old post and need a bit of help.i have a 2003 jeep grand Cherokee 4.7 l
I would like to change the gearbox oil , transfer case oil , front and rear axle oil.what oil do I need and also how much roughly will the oil cost please.

Thank you for the help

brimma
Here and there

Unread post by brimma » November 18th, 2013, 9:44 pm

hi bok1
got all the info on my computer!!! which is in at the doctors at present!!!!
the auto takes at4 trans oil, f and r /diffs take different oils? but cant remember what grades, f /diff also has an additive added? ( jeep supply only) (can be got from ebay! search grand Cherokee parts)(or I have a bottle up for grabs!) as for the transfer case, jeep supply, sell it in .5lt bottles? it takes .75lt (how convenient!!)
hope this helps a bit? put more up when I get my puter back!!
ps: skippy had better thoughts about me having fun in my wj??? got a few parts for sale if interested??? (bull bar, nudge bar, g/box, 245 75 17 at3's x4, weather shields, hand brake shoes(new)head lights, hid kit, roof bars.
they wont fit my new xj !!

bok1
I'm new, be nice!

2003 wj jeep

Unread post by bok1 » November 19th, 2013, 8:41 pm

Hi all I need to change my transfer , transmission ,front and rear diff oils.can anyone help me with what oils instead of jeep recommended ones please.also what type of oil and how much I will need please.its for a wj 2003 4.7 limited .

Thank you

Return to “Cherokee / Grand Cherokee”