Jk Clutch

simonD40
Here and there

Jk Clutch

Unread post by simonD40 » December 4th, 2009, 9:08 pm

Hi all just asking if anyone has had problems with there clutch in diesel wrangler?
i have a mate that has done a clutch in 50000km and just wondering if anyone else has or heard of it in the JK.

thanks Simon:truck:

markh84
Getting to know the place

Unread post by markh84 » December 5th, 2009, 5:10 pm

ive had to get mine replaced at like 22k kms and ive had issues with 1st and reverse since i can remember, jeep say its fine, but it really bogs down on hills like you're taking off in a low gear. i think its more but they just seem to say its normal and that its computer controlled acceloration

simonD40
Here and there

Unread post by simonD40 » December 5th, 2009, 5:58 pm

Well at the moment my mate is looking at a second one in 2000km and jeep will not warrant it. he has not told me why yet. but $3500 for a new one.

Adder
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Adder » August 9th, 2010, 9:43 pm

Got the same problem with my CRD Unlimited mate, just clicked over 30k and the clutch has pretty much given up. It still works enough to drive around, as long as i dont want to take off fast or slip the clutch a little, then it just smokes like crazy.

The clutch has been great when in low range, but has never really liked taking off from a standing start in 4H or even in 2WD for that matter. I've even stalled it a few times because of the trouble taking off.

Priced up a new one today, will cost about $700 for a new pressure plate, friction plate and bearing from Jeep, but if the flywheel is badly burnt then i've got no idea of the cost but it wont be good.

The problem i have is, why would i want to replace a weak clutch with another weak clutch!! There must be a better solution. I'll keep googling til i find something.

Dave

Underminer
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Jk Clutch

Unread post by Underminer » August 21st, 2011, 11:43 pm

I run a 2010 unlimited crd with 6spd and got 35000km out of my clutch thankfully replaced under warranty and replacment clutch with dual mass flywheel was $4300 from chrysler in Melbourne I am still on the hunt for a solid flywheel conversion and when I find one regardless of where I will be letting everyone know so we can all benifit from this design flaw.

skinnee
Here and there

Unread post by skinnee » August 22nd, 2011, 5:24 pm

80,000 on a CRD , no clutch replacement and no signs of slipping
Last edited by skinnee on February 12th, 2012, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MALS-JK
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by MALS-JK » February 11th, 2012, 9:37 am

I know this is an old post but i just replaced my Flywheel on an 07 SWB JK with only 30,000klm on the clock.
The main problem however was the Throw Out Bearing, it was totally disintegrated, Ball bearings found rolling around in the Bell Housing! The Flywheel was still usable however but badly worn so with all the trouble to remove the gearbox (2 days work) i replaced the Clutch and Flywheel with a new Throw Out Bearing that was in the Kit. Hope i get more than 30,000klm out of it this time!
I think my next Jeep will be an Auto!

ps to date 'Australian Clutch Services' SA do not have an After Market Flywheel or Single Mass Flywheel option available for the JK so i was stuck paying 4Grand! for an Original.

Return to “JK Wrangler”