View topic - New JK rubicon 4 door

New JK rubicon 4 door

Avid Poster

for those interested i opted to keep my GQ and i bought a VW Golf GTI instead.

Almost the best of both worlds. But having 2 cars is starting to get a little annoying (i either use one or the other so one is basically wasting money sitting there, in this case its the GQ :() HOpefully this combo holds me out until jeep put the diesel in the rubicon.

Unread postby Yom » October 16th, 2008, 9:11 pm

Need to get out more

One thing that worries me with Jeeps is the build quality and drive line strenght compared to a Landcruiser 76. Has the Jeep build quality improved ?

Unread postby Sim79 » October 17th, 2008, 5:47 am

Here and there

As far as I can see with my Jeep the build and finish is what I want, what the journer say against the Jeep is what I love about them, easy to wash inside and out, great off road from the showroom.
Just got back from the Cape in a Surf and we blow a motor, 2 batteries and a clutch/fly wheel and saw so many in the workshops that made me think.
Wait for a week for parts for a Tojo or a Jeep makes no difference to me!
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited CRD, 3"Lift, ARB Delux Bar and a Winch on the way.
For Sale 2003 Ducati ST2 with all the bits for Touring 11 Grand ONO.:thumb:

Unread postby Lushy » October 17th, 2008, 8:33 am

Here and there

For the knockers of Jeep - get of ya Bums and have a bloody look at them, you will be surprised.

Unread postby Lushy » October 17th, 2008, 8:34 am

Avid Poster

navara009 wrote:wrangler burst into flames at random.

Apparently the bursting problem only applies to the auto box. Here is a discussion thread in the jeep forum on this issue. Burning JK - AUSJEEPOFFROAD

Unread postby GV88 » October 17th, 2008, 2:26 pm

Avid Poster

Yom wrote:HOpefully this combo holds me out until jeep put the diesel in the rubicon.

Tom, this is what you want JK 2008 Wrangler Unlimited CRD Auto modified - AUSJEEPOFFROAD

Unread postby GV88 » October 17th, 2008, 2:30 pm

grover1968 wrote:Matt 73 I have a 95 disco V8 lifted 5 inches running 35 simexes and I know about bad fuel ecconomy. You have to realise that in this day of massive fuel prices that your statement could only be considered by someone who has all the money in the world to spend.
If you put fuel consumption down as just a minimal factor you have to be dreaming, especially if you live in the city.
If I was to tow my camper trailer with it I would no doubt return figures of above 20ltrs -25ltrs this is terrible.
You would be limited by your fuel ecconomy in the amout of trips you could take away and how far you could travel. Just to get diff locks and a few other goodies that can be bought aftermarket for the same coin. When you factor in the cost involved of camping alone for a family, the fuel consumption of the vehicle plays a massive part in weather you go or not.
Going up to the 4wd expo and competition at landcruiser park this weekend a mere 170km from Brisbane and I will probably have a fuel bill of $110 just to cover the drive there and back with no driving around so maybe up to $200 all up. $135 for the camping and the list just keeps going.
I definatly think the CRD Unlimited is the way to go it is far better for towing. Well just far better if you factor in the price difference.

I agree with Matt:
A lot of Windging and Whining go on here, 4wd's arnt economical vehicles!
If you want economy over a lifestyle then buy a Moped!:crazy:
While your counting your spare change in your pocket at the Bowser I'll be out having a blast in my JK. ITS A JEEP THING.:waycool:

Unread postby MALS-JK » October 18th, 2008, 7:08 am

Been here a while

Sorry to start thred and not reply for so long. I bought a 4dr Rubicon and it gets about 13 combined and it is just awesome. Towing it gets 15ltr to the 100 which just rocks. I love this 4wd Glad I changed over to Jeep
DISCO STEW SAYS DISCO1 IS COOL EEEEH !!:D

Unread postby grover1968 » October 20th, 2008, 9:37 pm

Avid Poster

I thought it looked bloody good too until i started reading about the issues Jeep are having with the Dana 30 in the front of the JK's and also the issues the diesels are having with general reliability and also the autos catching fire.

I think I'll stick to an essentially factory vehicle. Can't really go wrong with it.

The petrols will still be cheaper to run than the diesels with current and forecast fuel prices too.

Plus that one is black. Never again (top half of patrol is black).

So I'll see what happens in a few more months when I'm ready to give up my ticket to speeding. :p

Unread postby Yom » October 30th, 2008, 10:00 pm

Part of the furniture

Absolutely awesome. Check this out, JK 4 door rubicon with only a 1.75" body lift and 35's. NO SUSPENSION WORK! Looks perfect:

cheers
"If the roof and doors don't come off it's just another Camry"

[SIZE="1"]TJ lifted with MTRs, SYE conversion, susp airbags, swaybar discos, 4.11 diff ratios with ARB lockers.[/SIZE]
My Shed

Unread postby Jeeps » November 1st, 2008, 1:41 am

Need to get out more

Jeeps wrote:Absolutely awesome. Check this out, JK 4 door rubicon with only a 1.75" body lift and 35's. NO SUSPENSION WORK! Looks perfect:

cheers

Why would anyone put a cheap and nasty body lift in a new car without lifting the suspension first!

Unread postby Sim79 » November 1st, 2008, 7:57 am

Been here a while

ER,maybe to fit bigger tyres under it!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Unread postby XJmitch » November 1st, 2008, 9:14 am

Here and there

"Cheap" I dont think so.

Unread postby Lushy » November 3rd, 2008, 1:35 pm

Here and there

I would just like to say that the jeep rubicon is awesome! I really dont understand why people are so critical of it. I have a 2008 4 door one and I am constantly amazed at where it will go and how easy it goes about it. As for the fuel economy, it is not the best in its class but it is far from woeful! and the performance is quite good even impressive, especially when you wring its neck. It flys for a big fourby. I cant understand what people expect? If you want economy buy a suzuki jimny! if you want something bigger suck it up and buy one, I can almost guarantee you will not be disapointed with a jeep rubicon. sorry for buying into this rubbish but I speak from expierence, I own one!

Unread postby BJR76 » November 23rd, 2008, 2:43 pm

Been here a while

you don't have to worry about knockers of the Rubicon because its all crap. Pound for Pound there is nothing that will match it and for that matter they can bearly match a sport model.
DISCO STEW SAYS DISCO1 IS COOL EEEEH !!:D

Unread postby grover1968 » November 23rd, 2008, 8:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to JK Wrangler