Thinking of Getting a JK Diesel Rubicon

HardCharger
Been here a while

Thinking of Getting a JK Diesel Rubicon

Unread post by HardCharger » July 2nd, 2012, 1:52 pm

Hi All!

I currently drive a 98 LN166 HiLux with a 2.8 liter 3L engine, while I do have a few mods on him already, he's far from fully grown up. :)

I've recently test driven the new JK Rubicon Diesel and absolutely loved it! I do have a few questions though since I only got to drive it a short time so there is no real comparison I can make.

Are it's road manners better than the HiLux? How is road noise? Is maintenance an issue? How do all the fancy shmancy electronics hold up t everyday and off road use?

Hope to hear feedback from y'all soon.

Thanks! :thumb:

BLU-125

Re: Thinking of Getting a JK Diesel Rubicon

Unread post by BLU-125 » July 3rd, 2012, 8:14 pm

Must have missed this. Is the Rubi now available in diesel? Knew they were available in Europe in small quantities in places like Austria, but Australia, woo hoo..........

Time to talk to the dealer, (again),............;)
2004 GRAND CHEROKEE OVERLAND.

WHAT SIDE WAS YOURS ON IN WW2? :)

HardCharger
Been here a while

Unread post by HardCharger » July 4th, 2012, 11:51 am

So based on BLU-125's reaction, I'm doing the right thing in buying a diesel Rubi? ;)

furkew
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by furkew » July 4th, 2012, 6:20 pm

I was of the same opinion as BLU-125 in thinking the Diesel version of the the ruby wasnt available down under.

As for comparisons with the JK & Hilux, I still have a dual cab 92 hilux with lift, 3ltr turbo diesel, old man emu shocks & springs, bullbar front, winch & BF muddies plus other simple mods and it was a fun car off road.

I recently bought a 2 door 2011 JK sport which I have fitted with a 3" lift, 35" Mickey thompson MTZ's, upgraded suspension (Fox) plus heaps of other mods and it makes the hilux look like an offroad beginner. I do know the 4 door version has pro's and con's due to its extra length, but still IMO if kitted out right, a better rig than the hilux for serious offroading. For the petrol versions there are a few supercharger kits now available as well for extra performance & the 3.6 pentastar engine seems to be a winer as well.

I would have loved to buy a Rubi, but the deals offered on the 2011 models were too good to pass up at the time.

Army_Barbie
Been here a while

Unread post by Army_Barbie » July 5th, 2012, 2:55 pm

Yep diesel rubicons are not available to Australia. Just diesel sports.

Return to “JK Wrangler”