Terrano II parts info and specs thread.

Terrano, 720, X-Trail
terrano2buck
Here and there

Re: Terrano II parts info and specs thread.

Unread post by terrano2buck » May 5th, 2013, 10:15 pm

Yeah mate it is running really well. Just did the 240,000 km service and it is as good as the day I bought it. Mechanic picked up a couple of things that have worn underneath. Checked ebay and can get items for about $40. Rear links and drop links. Thank god for ebay mate as Nissan are over the top with prices. Never had a drama with ebay items. Been considering getting my bullbar modified to put a winch on but honestly, 10 years I have managed without one. Been bogged a couple of times and it was nothing a snatch strap couldn't fix. Winch is just more weight and more fuel consumption. Just planning my next trip. As soon as it dries out I am hitting the CREB track to Cooktown. I was checking out Gumtree, there are some good little Terrano 2's on there for 5-8 grand. I reckon the T-Rex would be a great cheap 4wd for someone who wants to hit the tracks on the weekends. 2"lift, decent tyres and you are away.

napalmslayer
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by napalmslayer » May 9th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Does anyone know if the front stub axle off a 90 terrano will fit a 99 terrano? I think they would just not 100% sure and would welcome any info before I drive 400km to pull em off.Thanks

Singlespeeder
Here and there

Unread post by Singlespeeder » May 12th, 2013, 2:13 pm

I'm not sure they are the same as the tie rod end diameter did change during this period. But you can change to the larger diameter tie rod end if the T2 stub axle assembly is larger.

terrano2buck
Here and there

Unread post by terrano2buck » July 21st, 2013, 9:17 am

During a recent major service on my Terrano 2 the mechanic told me that my engine mounts were cracked. The hard rubber block looked like it got brittle and perished. Got 2 new engine mounts from Ebay. They were not a perfect fit and it cost me hundreds of dollars in labour to make them line up and fit correctly. Be careful getting engine mounts from Ebay. Might pay to go genuine with this item. God knows how much Nissan would charge for a pair of engine mounts.

Singlespeeder
Here and there

Unread post by Singlespeeder » July 21st, 2013, 10:46 am

The mounts on mine where cracked when I bought it. I got mine from Mackay Rubber (Aussie made) for about $100 - $120 the pair. I had them bolted in about an hour an half due to the tight fit on the driver's side between the pump and starter.

Find them: http://www.mackayrubber.com.au/DigitalC ... index.html page 74.

terrano2buck
Here and there

Unread post by terrano2buck » July 27th, 2013, 8:41 pm

G'day Singlespeeder.

Mate I missed your bit asking about the Terrano 2 getting hot under load now that I have the diesel smart module fitted. I live near Cairns and going up the Palmerston Highway to the Atherton Tablelands has some long steep hills. I have noticed that it gets up a bit. I have a new radiator and thermostat and she still gets up to 3/4 on the gauge. As soon as I hit the flat it is back down to half or just under. Never gets up in the red however. In low range it is not a problem. Crawls all day and gets nowhere near half. Recently been to do the Dalbeg Track which is quite challenging. Thank god I got the front lokka. The Terrano 2 held its own against the 3 patrols that were there and the Jeep. The jeep wrangler was quite impressive actually. I don't think the Terrano 2 would have done that track without the front lokka. Best thing I have done to that vehicle. I am going to hook up a mates camper trailer soon and take it for a spin to see how the temperature goes. Heading up North again soon to the Lions Den hotel near Cooktown. I was going to have another crack at the CREB track but it is closed again. Going the Bloomfield instead.

Singlespeeder
Here and there

Unread post by Singlespeeder » July 29th, 2013, 1:47 pm

Hi T2B,

Since I replaced the exhaust with the custom dump pipe the temp climbs just over the halfway dot on the gauge when fully loaded with the family, bikes, roof box and kit on the highway, uphill climbs in 5th at 110-120. So I'm pushing the truck hard and thats on the 31 inch MTZs. I also put a larger radiator in it from PWR that made a big difference though that was a nearly a year and half before the exhaust and I was experiencing up to 2/3 on the gauge if pushing up climbs. So the combination of the two have made a massive difference. I also have a 16 inch thermo fan instead of the viscous hub fan (was already fitted when purchased) and only having this has shown that sand driving there isn't enough been pulled through the radiator. Need to add enough pusher fan on the front next to the AC fan I think.

How was your temp when on Fraser Island earlier this year?

I think I'll invest in a EGT and Boost gauges before doing anymore so I have a figure of measure.
Let me know how you go towing the camper trailer, I'm very interested to see how your T2 goes?

Sounds like the lokka is more important than the chip/ module. Money's tight at the mo, my clutch ate itself (torn the centre out on the friction plate) on the way to work and due to lack of time had to pay someone to do it. At least a Exedy HD kit was fitted.

Its great to read you're keeping up with the Patrol. Nice work.

hoyks
Avid Poster

Unread post by hoyks » December 29th, 2013, 12:03 pm

Singlespeeder
I had one of mine go too. $130 from Ni$$an.
The left side is the only one that seems to have issues as the torque of the motor pulls at the rubber, the right is under compression, so they last for ages. A mate that worked as a mechanic up on The Cape reckons thats how it is for most vehicles.

Changing them is an easy job, just loosen off the bolts, stick a wood block under the sump and jack up the engine. Swap out the mount and drop it back down again.

I had this thread running for part numbers and stuff on another forum, might have some info you can use:
http://forums.overlander.com.au/viewtop ... =5&t=13208

terrano2buck
Here and there

Unread post by terrano2buck » February 3rd, 2014, 9:19 am

Sorry guys, Been away a fair bit.

I have had the exhaust and Diesel Smart Chip for just over a year now. Yep when I work it hard in sand or towing the boat uphill she gets hot on the gauge, about 3/4. Tried to get a bigger intercooler but nobody has them. I should have put in a bigger radiator but got a new standard one which is OK.

I still wouldn't trade in the diesel smart chip however. I disconnected it accidentally and it felt like a turtle, fair dinkum. Heaps better fuel consumption and more get up and go.

This getting hot business just seems to be a Terrano 2 trait. 250.000 kms and she is still going great guns. Intend keeping the T-Rex for sometime yet.

terrano2buck
Here and there

Unread post by terrano2buck » June 23rd, 2014, 9:45 am

In relation to the centre drag link assembly. I have had to replace mine a couple of times on the Terrano 2. Do not get the part from Nissan. They wanted $625. They are on Ebay for $90 delivered. Pedders can also get them for about $220 so Ebay is the way to go I think for this item.

terrano2buck
Here and there

Unread post by terrano2buck » June 23rd, 2014, 10:08 pm

Terra, just want to thank you for your parts post. You would not believe how much assistance it has been to me. I have had my T-Rex for over 12 years now and worked it off road a fair bit. It is getting to the stage where a lot of the front end stuff requires replacing. I just wish parts for this vehicle were easier to come by but your info has helped out heaps. Thanks again.

hoyks
Avid Poster

Unread post by hoyks » June 24th, 2014, 5:43 pm

For suspension bushes, I fitted Polyurethane bushes to mine when the rubbers got flogged out. From memory they were an off the shelf item from my local Autopro store. Getting the old ones out was the hardest part.

http://www.nolathane.com.au/do_segue.ph ... F97-6%2F00

terrano2buck
Here and there

Unread post by terrano2buck » March 18th, 2015, 10:24 am

I still continue to use this first ever thread on Terrano Parts. You would not believe how useful this thread has been for me. Thankyou

Mumbys
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Mumbys » November 5th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Hi guys I have a 1997 Nissan Terrano II with the diesel engine. I have just had the fuel pump done up yet it come back with a different harness. Are there any wiring diagrams out there to use for me to re configure the harness please. Or even a close up image if someone owns one please.

Thanks

Daniel

cbsos4u
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by cbsos4u » June 11th, 2018, 7:09 am

Hi I am Chris and have just purchased a 1996 Nissan Mistral, I want to fit an electric winch to the front of the Mistral, can an anyone help with suggestions and or photos for the best and strongest way to mount this. I would prefer to keep the general look the same but realise the plastic will need to be cut away for this process. ARE there any things that i must avoid or need to watch out for?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to “Other”