Is there an alloy T2 Roof cage available? Any others fit?

Terrano, 720, X-Trail
Green T
Here and there

Is there an alloy T2 Roof cage available? Any others fit?

Unread post by Green T » March 20th, 2014, 12:46 pm

Hey all!
Does anyone know if there is an alloy roof cage available for the T2? Are there any that are made for other vehicles that would fit?
Cheers!
If you're lucky enough to be at the beach...you're lucky enough!

Singlespeeder
Here and there

Re: Is there an alloy T2 Roof cage available? Any others fit

Unread post by Singlespeeder » April 5th, 2014, 8:20 am

The previous owner of my T2 fitted Rhino Rack rails and had a wind cheater rack on it but didn't sell it with the truck. I'm going to get a Rhino Pioneer flat rack for my set up as it gives greater flexibility of use and better clearance for shopping centres,

Singlespeeder
Here and there

Unread post by Singlespeeder » April 5th, 2014, 8:22 am

At the moment I have been using Rhino Racks with a large Thule roof box, this has worked for a while.

Green T
Here and there

Unread post by Green T » April 6th, 2014, 10:40 am

Cheers for the reply.
I was wondering whether there was a one piece rack that would fit.
I know most one piece units are gutter mount, but i have seen some prado's which fix inside the door frame.
I think I 'll end up going with a cage or basket to fit on top of my Rhino Sportz, I like the pioneer also.
Hope all is well with you, yours and the T2.
If you're lucky enough to be at the beach...you're lucky enough!

terrano2buck
Here and there

Unread post by terrano2buck » April 21st, 2014, 12:02 pm

It is a pity that the gutters do not run the entire length of the Terrano 2 so you could put a full size roof rack. I read on the internet that the roof load rating is 100kgs which is pretty good. I went to supercheap and got the roof racks and I use a basket which still does the job. The basket is only half the size of a roof rack but I still fit the camping chairs, solar panels, stretchers and tent up there which frees up a lot of space in the T-Rex. If I had full lenght gutters I would most likely have a rooftop tent.
Last edited by terrano2buck on January 24th, 2015, 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

terrano2buck
Here and there

Unread post by terrano2buck » January 24th, 2015, 2:21 am

BCF and Supercheap Auto now have larger roof baskets in stock. When I got the small basket, it seemed it was the only size. I am looking at the larger basket which is about 1.8m long. I don't think it will fit because the gutters don't go the whole length. Also the larger basket requires a minimum of 3x rails so you would have to buy a 2nd set and they are not that cheap. I might have to settle for the medium sized basket mounted on the 2 rails. Actually the medium sized basket is a pretty good size. Wait for supercheap to have their specials and it would be worth grabbing one.

Singlespeeder
Here and there

Unread post by Singlespeeder » January 29th, 2015, 10:41 am

This is what I have got.
http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products/ro ... ack_ja2449

This is the next addition with the new quick release feet where I will be using 4 pairs to spread the load
http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products/ro ... mm-_42102b

Return to “Other”