Terrano 2 - Anyone got cargo drawers? Where from?

Terrano, 720, X-Trail
terrano2buck
Here and there

Terrano 2 - Anyone got cargo drawers? Where from?

Unread post by terrano2buck » January 30th, 2013, 10:07 pm

Hey guys. Has anyone got rear drawers in their Terrano 2? If so where did you get them or if you built them, can you share your design please. This is my latest project on my Terrano 2. As if I haven't spent enough money lately on mods.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Terrano 2 - Anyone got cargo drawers? Where from?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 31st, 2013, 7:50 pm

Take some 'width x length x depth' measurements so you have an idea of what you are talking about, and check out these:
http://www.consoles.com.au/cargo_drawers.htm They probably don't have one specifically for the Terrano II, but I'm pretty sure they made the drawers that fitted in the back of the last Terrano II that came on a big trip with us - they looked and worked really well!! They were probably a little pricey, but then you are unlikely to have any troubles down track, even if you need to find something that fits, they do a great job of making a quality product up your way! ;)

There are also a few 'custom drawer makers' that advertise in the Mags, one mob who's name I can't remember atm but still advertising were based down in Melb, but they took my scratch drawings & dodgy measurements for a GQ and made up a unit to send over flat packed to SA, where I assembled it in place and it fitted like a glove, worked exceptionally well for about 10 years of hard 4WD Touring without any hassles, did exactly what I wanted it to with no rattles or other noises, and when I sold the vehicle after it'd racked up a million km, the drawers went with it and I believe are still out there doing their thing!!

Or you could check out the stuff from Drifta, based in NSW (Gloucester I think) got a fairly good range and have been known to make to your specs &/or measurements! ;)

Lots to check out. Good Luck
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Singlespeeder
Here and there

Unread post by Singlespeeder » February 20th, 2013, 11:19 pm

Hey T2B,

I'm working on a drawer design but I'm going to get a 60l water tank in behind the back seats first. I'm looking at using a combination of ply 16mm base, square tube frame with perforated sheet metal side and back panels with a lighter ply top. Fridge will be enclosed on the right. Still deciding 2 or 3 draws on the left. I'll let you know when I finish the design.

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » February 20th, 2013, 11:40 pm

Leave your fridge as open as possible so it isn't in a well of hot air s=which can't get away. If it can't breath it will use heaps of power AH totally unnecessary.

terrano2buck
Here and there

Unread post by terrano2buck » April 15th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Let me start by saying that I am a spastic with a drill of hammer in my hand but I just knocked up a set of drawers out of 17mm ply for the frame and 9mm for the actual drawers. Really happy with it. Cost me less than $500 and I guess if I did it again I could get way lower than that. I bought ***** I didn't use. I will post a photo soon. The 17mm is pretty heavy but I have been over some rough stuff and it has not budged. I have removed the rear seats years ago and when I go camping I also remove the back seat. I have a shitload of room now and don't have to put anything in the roof basket. Use that for firewood etc. I will post some photos soon.

Return to “Other”