show us your pathfinder

VGDIRTY
Getting to know the place

Unread post by VGDIRTY » December 10th, 2009, 3:15 pm

Snorkel finished and on
Made from 3" MS exhaust pipe $50, mitred bends top and bottom. The bend at the bottom of the windscreen is made from short wedges of pipe to give it a mandrel look. Then car bog, filed smooth, painted inside and out and a $70 brand name top.
Budget mod without looking cheep?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VGDIRTY

Unread post by VGDIRTY » December 10th, 2009, 3:16 pm

More picks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Auspathy
Been here a while

Unread post by Auspathy » January 8th, 2010, 1:46 am

VGDIRTY, Those should be in the flex thread. Go IFS!!!:D:D:D:D
[size=134]I'm just raising my post count[/size]

BFSANI
Here and there

Unread post by BFSANI » January 8th, 2010, 5:59 am

OK, so this is not a Pathfinder, but the shape was "stolen" from various over seas markets and the body built after market to fit on the D21 chassis. You can see the resemblance to the Pathfinder and the first gen Terrano.

Meet Hillbilly. He is a 1997 D21 "Sani" with a 2.7TD motor.

Mods so far is a 40mm suspension lift with 31" Muds. Home made rock sliders. Motor replaced about a year ago after drowning. EGT, boost sensors.

This year June we will be doing a SFA mod with a Dana diff on leaf springs.

I have been conservative with the mods to date as this is my daily drive and I put around 4000Km onto the clock per month. So he hardly gets a day off.

Love what you guys do over there, your trucks are amazing:thumb:

spoonano

terrano td27

Unread post by spoonano » January 11th, 2010, 2:45 am

Here's my terrano

N/A TD27

Am currently trying to figure out the best plan to be driving a turbo terrano, whether it be putting in a turbo motor, fitting a turbo to the current engine or getting a newer terrano and fitting my box and transfer to it (manuals seem to be quite rare).

Has maxxis tyres that have lasted 2 years and 50k with 1 puncture and was repaired without issue since.

am currently researching which shock absorbers to get.

either pedders or ironman in the cheapies, or toughdogs or rancho 5000's in the medium price bracket.

I will miss my suspension setting switch :(

only other mods are a 7 inch touch screen tv/dvd/mp3 player. Cheap china sourced one, I run most things from usb or SD when offroad and hasn't had any issue other than the face flying off when getting a little bit of air.

Has been a good reliable truck!

Have more videos I can post links to if anyone is interested.

Some nice pathfinders out there, I know mine is a terrano but it's close!!

Cheers
Dom.

YouTube - Nissan Terrano Suzuki Sierra Nissan Patrol Puddle Crossing

87Pathy
Here and there

Unread post by 87Pathy » January 11th, 2010, 1:02 pm

Close enough to a Pathy spoonano, not much difference really at the end of the day in that model

Boozer
Been here a while

Unread post by Boozer » January 21st, 2010, 6:42 pm

Hi. This is our 2000 Ti.

spoonano

Unread post by spoonano » January 21st, 2010, 7:01 pm

I'm finding most of the bits are identical, about to put some extractors on and hopefully get a few more RPM out of it.

The new pathfinders look sweet as! what motor is in that 2000 model?

Was out at Belanglo earlier in the week, big flat fire trails!

beano-10
Here and there

Unread post by beano-10 » June 28th, 2010, 8:43 pm

[attach]42619[/attach][attach]42618[/attach]

wronganswerwoody
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by wronganswerwoody » July 1st, 2010, 6:34 pm

Bought this 93 V6 Pathy a couple of weeks back, it was dirt cheap because it was blowing blue smoke. Turned out it just needed a bit of love, gave it a good service now it dosent smoke at all.
Got it the friday of the june long weekend, then spent the whole weekend 4wding.

Couple of little issues
- The boot struts are stuffed, the main tailgate ones look pretty standard but the rear window struts look like they might be harder to get, has anyone ever had to buy them? Any ideas where i can?
- After a good couple of hours thrashing on the beach, the exhaust has become noisey around the manifold, is it common for them to crack? Or maybe the studs are just loose? Havent been bothered to have a look yet.
- Oh yeah and i knocked one of the plastic flares off in the bush, broke a bunch of clips, so i ended up pulling them all off and just polishing the paint under, might get some rubber flares from somewhere??

Apart from those little things its pretty well a very cheap near mint cond pathy, im very happy with it

cyril
Here and there

Unread post by cyril » July 2nd, 2010, 5:20 pm

Nice buy man ,
The main struts i got from autopro a few yrs back but was told to go genuine for the glass section ones so mine just stays shut now . The exhaust might just need a new gasket or it's a good chance for extractors , for the flares i just bought today some rubber ones from clark rubber as the moulded ones now scrub on my 33's . Hope this helps .

Blkfxx
Been here a while

Unread post by Blkfxx » July 2nd, 2010, 8:01 pm

With the gas struts, you can get them re-gassed, i did that for mine and it costs about the same as buying new ones.

WD21
Part of the furniture

Unread post by WD21 » July 2nd, 2010, 9:44 pm

Glass hatch gas struts are available on eBay.
New Terrano build!
Nismo, Eaton, Bilstein, Moog, Recaro, Superior Engineering, King Springs and more...

cyril
Here and there

Unread post by cyril » July 3rd, 2010, 7:48 am

Awesome , will have a look ( i don't get on it much ) .

wronganswerwoody
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by wronganswerwoody » July 3rd, 2010, 9:58 pm

sweet, thanks guys

Return to “Pathfinder”