show us your pathfinder

critmca
Here and there

show us your pathfinder

Unread post by critmca » March 14th, 2008, 4:54 pm

my mate just bought a stock pathfinder. he wants to see some good looking ones, as he is thinking whether he should do a bit of work on it.

post your picttures.

thanks
christian.

cyril
Here and there

Unread post by cyril » May 30th, 2008, 8:36 pm

What model is your mates pathfinder .
I have a D21 92model ,3.8ltr V6 Commodore motor & T700 auto G/box .
Does this help your mate .

Xcited
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Xcited » May 30th, 2008, 9:34 pm

This was our R51 ST-L

ARB bar, IPF HID 900XS light and TX3400 uhf were the only mods done.

Cheers
Brett

[url=http://www.myswag.org]www.myswag.org[/url] The Off Road Camper Trailer Forum

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 1st, 2008, 3:30 pm

OUr 2000 Pathfinder looks absolutely bog standard from outside - all the mods are internal and invisible to the naked eye, at least without pulling things apart! So pics of ours isn't gonna excite anyone!
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » June 1st, 2008, 6:24 pm

Any mods that could be done (lift, tyres etc.) would be similar to Navara's as I'm pretty sure they share very similar platforms, except for the coil rear on Pathy's.
I do know that adjustable trailing arms are required for some Pathy's if lifting the rear more than 20mm :confused: , or it can stuff the pinion. Thats what a couple of suspension catalogues say in their disclaimer for Pathy's.

OUr 2000 Pathfinder looks absolutely bog standard from outside - all the mods are internal and invisible to the naked eye, at least without pulling things apart! So pics of ours isn't gonna excite anyone!
Have you told your mum about them yet lol?!
I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

cyril
Here and there

Unread post by cyril » June 1st, 2008, 6:54 pm

sudso wrote:Any mods that could be done (lift, tyres etc.) would be similar to Navara's as I'm pretty sure they share very similar platforms, except for the coil rear on Pathy's.
I do know that adjustable trailing arms are required for some Pathy's if lifting the rear more than 20mm :confused: , or it can stuff the pinion. Thats what a couple of suspension catalogues say in their disclaimer for Pathy's.

Have you told your mum about them yet lol?!

Am curious as to know if anyone has had pinion problem with their pathy's
as my D21 has a 2'' lift for the last 9 years with no probs yet ?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 1st, 2008, 6:56 pm

She's at the stage where she's got selective memory!! It's not quite as far as being involuntary selective memory yet, but anything she doesn't really want to know about simply becomes forgotten! There are a few occasions when she 'recalls' that there is a Detroit filling the rear diff housing, but not often, especially if it's someone asking how the heck she got the Pathy where it is! Then it's all just driver skill! And there is summat to that, she does get it to places that other Pathy's just wouldn't dream of, even if they had a Locker up the back. And she loves helping Toyota's, but she just won't video their faces for me!! Imagine, Stuck Toyo, little 80+ year old lady drives up in a Pathy, doesn't get stuck, then offers to help them out! I SO want to see those faces!

And since the Detroits been there, I haven't had any 2 am phone calls saying "I'm stuck in the middle of ...... (whatever), come and get me out!!" I used to get them fairly frequently, at all hours of the day or night. The only thing not so great about fitting the Detroit is that I took the ousted LSD centre & fitted it into a GQ front diff, drove it around like that for a while, then sold the whole diff off to help fund the two Detroits that went into the current vehicle! I should've kept it so I could've put the LSD front into Jules' GQ! That would've been good for that vehicle too.
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 1st, 2008, 7:05 pm

Cyril we haven't had any worries with ours, but then it isn't really a 2" lift, more like 35-40mm. We have manged to break the stabiliser bar tho! But I do know of some Pathy's that have had problems with pinion angles, all with 2" or bigger lifts, driven hard off road, and no mods catering for the changed pinion angle!

I reckon that if you don't push it too hard, you'll be OK, but the harder you make the articulation work for you, the more likely it'll be an issue!

cyril
Here and there

Unread post by cyril » June 1st, 2008, 7:31 pm

Thanks Peter for the info ,the stabiliser bars have not been removed yet ,maybe thats what saving me ?

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » June 1st, 2008, 9:05 pm

Peter @ Aawen4x4 wrote: There are a few occasions when she 'recalls' that there is a Detroit filling the rear diff housing, but not often, especially if it's someone asking how the heck she got the Pathy where it is!
Lol! She calls it a "filling", like in a tooth. Thats funny.

Then it's all just driver skill! And there is summat to that, she does get it to places that other Pathy's just wouldn't dream of, even if they had a Locker up the back. And she loves helping Toyota's, but she just won't video their faces for me!! Imagine, Stuck Toyo, little 80+ year old lady drives up in a Pathy, doesn't get stuck, then offers to help them out! I SO want to see those faces!
me too :D

Thanks Peter for the info ,the stabiliser bars have not been removed yet ,maybe thats what saving me ?
Nah I think it only affects the earlier model shorter wheelbase ones. I remember it because I fitted some new coils and shocks to an early Pathy a few months ago that had LPG fitted and was going to be loaded up with building tools all the time. Put in some heavy duty coils with only 20mm lift as per manufacturers recommendation because of the pinion issue. Obviously there had been problems in the past with going more than 20mm over stock or they wouldnt put it in their disclaimer.
cheers
I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

deepop
Been here a while

Unread post by deepop » June 1st, 2008, 9:55 pm

Still no reply on what model etc. he's got???

Here's mine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

critmca
Here and there

Unread post by critmca » June 2nd, 2008, 7:12 pm

hey guys

sorry, my internet has been out for age and havnt been able to check anything. buttt..... i dont remember the exact yr model. but its is similar to that of a 04 model, interms of the body shape.

i dont think he is looking at making any mods to it anymore. but im sure he'll like the idea of seeing some cool pictures.

so feel free and ill pass them on.

thanks
christian

Rip'n'Shred
Been here a while

Unread post by Rip'n'Shred » June 4th, 2008, 10:28 pm

cyril wrote:What model is your mates pathfinder .
I have a D21 92model ,3.8ltr V6 Commodore motor & T700 auto G/box .
Does this help your mate .
Got any pics??????
2006 GU IV 4.2L ST-S Wagon :)
Here's my build up http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=135519

crazyz
I'm new, be nice!

pathy pics

Unread post by crazyz » June 5th, 2008, 4:12 pm

check out crazyz in the shed

cheers
jkl:truck: :)

brens path
Here and there

Unread post by brens path » June 5th, 2008, 4:31 pm

hi critmca,
If your mate wants to see some cool pathy's just look on Gallery and on Pathfinders' Club of Australia Home Page
There are some cool pics of pathy club cars in all kinds of places, there are more than enough pics of pathy's in there to give him ideas on want can be done.
Joining the pathy forum would also give him people in his area to help with ideas and mods.
Good luck with it anyway, bren
The Shed – Australian 4WD Action - brens pathy - NISSAN - PATHFINDER - The world’s biggest community for custom 4WD, 4x4 and off-road vehicles. Browse thousands of photos, videos, comments, tips and build-ups!

Return to “Pathfinder”