Any ideas on how to beef up a Z24 Pathfinder??

hilly83
Getting to know the place

Any ideas on how to beef up a Z24 Pathfinder??

Unread post by hilly83 » January 3rd, 2012, 4:47 pm

Gday, ive just bought a nissan pathfinder 90 model it has the z24 2.4l 4cy engine and im just curious to know if anyone has any ideas about how i can beef up this baby, even just a little bit.. anythin would be appreciated cheers :D

hilly83

z24 mods ??

Unread post by hilly83 » January 3rd, 2012, 5:02 pm

Gday, ive just bought a nissan pathfinder 90 model it has the z24 2.4l 4cy engine and im just curious to know if anyone has any ideas about how i can beef up this baby, even just a little bit.. anythin would be appreciated cheers :D

Deanthms
I'm new, be nice!

Re: z24 mods ??

Unread post by Deanthms » January 15th, 2012, 9:39 am

Same story here 89 pathfinder z24 360500kms, paid $1500 4 months ago had 3monts rego on it, with 4 new tires, new spare, new brake booster, new head and all new suspension bushes but lots of little issues. Just passed rego again.

The first thing I did was remove the AB valve disable the EGR valve and disable the damaged choke mechanism erasing all the relevant vacuum hoses...... Its amazing how much better vacuum assisted brakes work and vacuum advance dizzy work when the vaccum system doesnt leek. Not to mention how much better the engine runs.
But if yours are all working correctly I would leave them be, I only did this because it was cheaper then buying the parts to make right.

Does yours have the centrifugal prefilter/dust remover can behind the right headlight ? mine is missing and I would appreciate a picture of what should be there.

Dean

Kiwinoz
Been here a while

Unread post by Kiwinoz » January 15th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Extractors and hi flow cat = $800
Webber carb, =ebay

or, go an EFI 2.4, or DET, bolts up to the g/box. search penilli

really tho, it's a little engine pushing a biggish rig.

Martin Edwards
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Martin Edwards » February 9th, 2012, 9:25 pm

Mine has extractors and a 2 and a quarter exhauste system . This cost $800 at car line and added 30% to my power and saved 30% on economy. I was told that re porting my original carbie would be cheaper and have the same effect as a webber and would add extra horses to is but i haven't afforded that yet. You may have heard this before but adding premium petrol does wonders for the old girls too. Anything else and it ceases to be a cheap 4wd. May as well buy an old petrol 80 series. But that would be a Toyota. ;lol

87Pathy
Here and there

Re: Any ideas on how to beef up a Z24 Pathfinder??

Unread post by 87Pathy » June 18th, 2012, 8:11 pm

200SX head, headers, low restriction exhaust, LPG, single spark dizzy

thats what ive done to mine and its a torque monster, highway fuel efficiency has come back as low as 9.5l/100km on petrol and around 13-15l/100km on LPG.
it does run 31 inch tyres so it could be further improved on the current lot by going down one size if i wanted to.

also check your coil input voltage, my resistor was faulty and only supplying some 5.3 volts to the coil, removed resistor and now at 12.7 the power and torque increases were huge and immeadiate, static timing also advanced itself 25 deg instantly

there is a mob that make a "street" spec cam for this engine

Kiwinoz
Been here a while

Unread post by Kiwinoz » July 22nd, 2012, 9:39 pm

200sx head? really? everything lines up?
and single spark dizzy for the single spark head, hmm.....
Is that from a ricer website? Sounds interesting.

Coil voltage input maybe? output should be several thousand volt = spark.

I got a 2 and quarter exhaust, hi-flow cat, extractors, ($800) i noticed the increase in torque :) was great, but my best milage is around 12k/100 litres.

Im in NT, and i notice a lot of extra power on a cold morning, but i could be imagining it. Usually if i want extra power, i turn the aircon off, lol.

TD27t oneday...... I'll copy Pinellis' job.

odd1out
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by odd1out » March 6th, 2014, 2:22 pm

Trying to do the same as everyone else here and get some more power. Does the 200sx head and headers line up propley or is there some mods to be done to fit it. Any one tryed running the motor with only 4 plugs instead of the 8 it cmes set up for. Also has anyone turboed these motore and is it overly expensive.

Treefinder

Unread post by Treefinder » July 31st, 2014, 4:40 pm

Best thing I did was to disconnect and blank off the EGR, fit 32/36 Webers, 'stractors, and a 2" exhaust.
Also tossed the twin spark dissy and fitted a single spark aftermarket electronic ignition; totally changed the car.
Pete.

Return to “Pathfinder”