View topic - d22 3.0L str losing power

d22 3.0L str losing power

I'm new, be nice!

d22 3.0L str losing power

Hi guys
New to the forum and currently having an issue with an 05 D22 navara 3.0L with a tunit diesel chip, 2.5inch stainless exhaust with high flow cat and 2.5inch dump pipe. also has a pod filter still on it from previous owner.

Recently been having an issue with the nav whilst driving. I've been coasting along at about 90-100km/h down an approximate 30 degree hill and when I put my foot down on the accelerator i dont get a response in revs. I'll push the clutch in and if i leave it in the engine revs drop all the way to zero with the engine shutting down. To get it to start again i need to turn the ignition key all the way to off and then start it up again as per normal. after doing this i dont experience any issues. Its done it 3 times this week at exactly the same location, however i do drive this way every day.
I've taken it to a dealership and had diagnostics run on it which bring up zero fault codes. Im at a loss of what could be causing it as its not a consistent issue.

Any thoughts???

Unread postby tobez86 » May 19th, 2010, 2:41 pm

Been here a while

Sounds like its starved of fuel?

Do the dash lights come on when it stalls?

HAve you done any mods recently?

Unread postby tommy222220_0 » May 19th, 2010, 5:19 pm

I'm new, be nice!

thats the weirdest part all the mods have been on the nav for at least 3-4 months and its had at least half a tank of fuel when it happens. also zero warning lights come on at any point

Unread postby tobez86 » May 20th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Been here a while

Replace the fuel filter, asap. And check the primer isn't leaking (should go rock hard after a few pumps and stay hard, if it doesn't its leaking)

Check the hoses to the boost (map) sensor on the intake elbow (has hitashi and boost written on the sensor) for leaks.

Reset the ecu (as per instructions via google search or disconnect the battery overnight)

Hopefully that fixes the problems.

Try and narrow down where the problem is happening. Same hill every time?

Unread postby tommy222220_0 » May 20th, 2010, 8:43 pm

Here and there

had one do the same. his complant was almost same as yours. same spot on a hill every day and always stalled. also had a chip. ended up being a problem with the injection pump. had pump tested and over hauled. been good ever since. from memory it did log a code in ECM.

Unread postby danvdh » May 22nd, 2010, 12:39 pm

Return to Navara