Navara D40 auto hard to shift out of Park - anyone else?

Kelly D40
I'm new, be nice!

Navara D40 auto hard to shift out of Park - anyone else?

Unread post by Kelly D40 » March 14th, 2016, 12:03 pm

Please help!
I have a 2013 Nissan Navara D40 st model. Since brand new it has been a little temperamental when moving the shifter out of Park. It has gotten really bad and Nissan are telling me there is nothing wrong with it.
It is different every time I start the car and go to move the shifter; can be super easy and moved with one finger, can be a little stiff and then can be so hard two hands are required to move the shifter and a loud clunk can be heard.
It doesn't matter where it is parked - flat ground or incline it plays up wherever and whenever it wants to! Foot brake is not released until after the car is in park and the handbrake is fully applied.
I am just wondering if anyone else has or has had the same issue? Is Nissan telling me the truth when saying there is nothing wrong with it?

bigpig
Avid Poster

Re: Navara D40 auto hard to shift out of Park - anyone else?

Unread post by bigpig » April 5th, 2016, 10:51 pm

I see your problem, pull the handbrake on and release the foot brake before selecting park, so the vehicle rests on the brake pads and not the gearbox pin. If you find the car rolls then the hand brake needs adjusting first.

P.s. You can even select neutral first so the engine is not holding it at all.

Return to “Navara”