G60 body vs MQ chassis

miller
Been here a while

G60 body vs MQ chassis

Unread post by miller » April 8th, 2009, 9:15 pm

Im looking at putting a G60 body on a MQ chassis... technical issues asside i want to know about the legalities etc of this? has anyone tried something similar that you can give me some advice?

Yes i know i need to talk to vic roads but its 9:13pm and they aint open ;)
[align=center][b][i]2005 Nissan 4.2 ltr GU Patrol[/i][/b][/align]
[align=center][url]http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?id=3348[/url][/align]

t68
Been here a while

Unread post by t68 » April 11th, 2009, 3:59 pm

miller wrote:Im looking at putting a G60 body on a MQ chassis... technical issues asside i want to know about the legalities etc of this? has anyone tried something similar that you can give me some advice?

Yes i know i need to talk to vic roads but its 9:13pm and they aint open ;)

I dont know the legalities of it, but what is the main reason behind it?
Are you planing on running mq drive line ie 5 speed and 3.3ltr diesel as it might be easier rego wise to put them on the 60's chassies.but puting it on a gq i can understand the reason,coils 4.2 diesel on a troopy type body sounds good.

Dave_STR
Banned

Unread post by Dave_STR » June 1st, 2009, 7:21 pm

Miller any updates.

Been tempted to get a G60 for a while.

Just gotta talk my brother into cutting the rust out. Being a panel beater he hates working on cars on the weekend.

Dave.

miller
Been here a while

Unread post by miller » August 25th, 2009, 8:18 pm

Dave_STR wrote:Miller any updates.

Been tempted to get a G60 for a while.

Just gotta talk my brother into cutting the rust out. Being a panel beater he hates working on cars on the weekend.

Dave.

G'day Dave, i picked up a cheap MQ chassis and am about to strip it down.. the G60 i have is a complete basket case is proving to be more work than i originally expected!! but thats usually the way hey..
[align=center][b][i]2005 Nissan 4.2 ltr GU Patrol[/i][/b][/align]
[align=center][url]http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?id=3348[/url][/align]

4.2GUst

Unread post by 4.2GUst » November 29th, 2009, 6:56 pm

not sure in your state but here in sa because they didnt start recording chassis numbers till about 1985 i in formed transport sa of a chassis swapp and they didnt do anything as i said not sure about other states but would be easy to find out from the transport board
adding twin bonnet scoops and a bigger turbo !!

Dave_STR
Banned

Unread post by Dave_STR » May 12th, 2010, 3:41 pm

miller wrote:G'day Dave, i picked up a cheap MQ chassis and am about to strip it down.. the G60 i have is a complete basket case is proving to be more work than i originally expected!! but thats usually the way hey..

Sorry mate, I forgot about this thread.

Keep us updated.

Dave.

Return to “G60 Patrol”