SD 33 Turns over but won't fire - any ideas?

NTshorty
Here and there

SD 33 Turns over but won't fire - any ideas?

Unread post by NTshorty » November 10th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Just got this problem happening now. Started fine yesterday but not today. Gave it a pull and started within a metre of dropping the clutch so Im thinking its not glow issues.
Any ideas?

OddBod
I'm new, be nice!

Re: SD 33 Turns over but won't fire - any ideas?

Unread post by OddBod » November 20th, 2012, 8:42 am

A couple of questions arise out of this: -
Have you done anything to the injection system immediatley prior to this starting?
Have you tried bleeding the pump and injector lines? if not, that would be my first port of call,
if so, did you loosen the pipes at the pump end? again if so, go back and check that the delivery valve holders are still tight on the pump. If they loosen (at all) then fuel recycles around the delivery valves and is not delivered.
You dont say if it's a sd33 or sd33t. if it's a "t" make sure that the stop lever is not in the stop position,(spring dropped off?) if a 33 have any of the wires come off of the pump control motor.
Check to see if the motor moves without the engine runing (huh, yeh I just realised!) when you turn the ignition switch on and off (should move fully forward to start position when on).
That's about all I can think of without getting into the questions of pump drive gears/keyways etc.
Good luck,
Rob.

Return to “MQ / MK Patrol”