Is a Patrol single cab to dual cab conversion possible?

rodga
I'm new, be nice!

Is a Patrol single cab to dual cab conversion possible?

Unread post by rodga » March 25th, 2017, 1:21 pm

Hi guys, I own a 2002 patrol cab chassis and I am now in need of a dual cab for the kiddies. Before I sell my pride and joy can anyone tell me if it's at all possible to convert it to a dual cab? Or is this just too hard
Thanks for any info

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Re: Is a Patrol single cab to dual cab conversion possible?

Unread post by typhoeus » March 25th, 2017, 9:25 pm

anything is possible, but not necessarily practical. besides checking to see if the cab mountings are in the same place, or if there is a place on the chassis for the rear mounts of the dual cab, you have to then look at the wiring, fuel filler, then you need a shorter tub or tray and maybe a few other things. and when you have all that sorted, it has to pass engineers inspection. And they aren't cheap. Overall, you may be better off to strip yours back to stock standard & sell it, and buy what you need, and put all your goodies on that. it will likely end up being cheaper and save a whole heap of work

rodga
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by rodga » March 26th, 2017, 8:38 am

Thanks mate, thought that might be the case, just needed to check first

hoyks
Avid Poster

Unread post by hoyks » March 26th, 2017, 10:02 am

Cutting a wagon back to a dual cab would be the easier option, all the seat and seatbelt mounts will already be there, so there will be a lot less stress getting it approved.
If you have lots of good bits on your ute, getting an unmolested wagon that you can turn into a dual cab and then swapping the good bits across might be worth considering.

Return to “GU Patrol”