What is this annoying Vibrating sound?

skid65
Here and there

What is this annoying Vibrating sound?

Unread post by skid65 » June 2nd, 2016, 10:37 pm

I have an annoying Vibrating sound? when I hop out of my wagon, I hear a vibrating sound, if I put weight on my rock sliders it stops, if I climb back into my car it stops, if I climb under it and put presure or pull on nearly ever component it stops, If I pull on the sping it stops, if I put pressure on my rear bumper it stops!!!!

Can some one guide me into what to look for PLEASE, as its doing me head in

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: What is this annoying Vibrating sound?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 2nd, 2016, 10:53 pm

If you stand on the rear bumper (or either sided step?) & bounce up & down a couple of times to make the whole rear end (either side?) of the vehicle bounce, does it make the noise while you do that??

Orright, try that again, only once the car is bouncing, jump off & count how many times the car bounces before it stops?

If it makes the noise while you are on it & bouncing, there's probably something touching a spring somewhere & getting out of the vehicle 'twangs' it enough to make it make a noise. But if it doesn't make the noise until you jump off the vehicle after getting it bouncing, then it's probably a shock or maybe a spring bush - that's why you count the continuing bounces in the body after you jump off; more'n about 3 oscillations suggests you've got a dud shock! Work your way around the car until you find the corner that gives you the most continuing oscillations, that'll be the dud! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

skid65
Here and there

Unread post by skid65 » June 13th, 2016, 6:52 pm

No checkerplate on rock sliders... when it made the noise today, if I touched the accelerator pedal ever so slightly to bring the revs up from 750 to 800ish the sound goes away... Any ideas?

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Unread post by typhoeus » June 13th, 2016, 7:40 pm

Harmonic vibrations are causing something to flap. you should also check exhaust hangars ( they might be stretched out of alignment) and the exhaust itself. It could be touching the body somewhere. I had a similar problem once and it was some heat shielding which had cracked around a mounting bolt and was vibrating at certain revs. It took awhile to find tho!

Return to “GU Patrol”