View topic - Gu patrol 4.2 tacho interface

Gu patrol 4.2 tacho interface

Gu patrol 4.2 tacho interface

does anyone know where the gu 4.2 tachos pick up from ??
mine has resulted to fluctuate over the weekend was working fine until i left the drivers door slightly ajar and flattened the battery. i thought it may have been resolved with a newer battery as the glow plug light was coming on and off at low revs that has since stopped. there was a relay that was buzzing at the same time but that has stopped also . the tacho is still playing up

any ideas??

Unread postby 4.2GUst » January 5th, 2012, 2:39 pm

Re: Gu patrol 4.2 tacho interface

problem solved !

Unread postby 4.2GUst » January 6th, 2012, 9:59 am

Admin

OK, what WAS the problem??

I was just heading out to the car to see where the pick-up actually was - can't decipher the wiring diagram in the manual!!
An Ex-Service person is someone who, at some stage in their life, thought enough about their country, how great it is, and how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for an amount of 'Up to and including my Life!'

Unread postby Peter Aawen » January 6th, 2012, 10:20 am

turned out to be a loose earth on the intake manifold that i thouught i had done up but had only finger tight!
i ended up swapping out the ac relay and same problem so i knew it wasnt that so i traced back all the parts i have done since the intercooler install and that was it !

no problems now
will be getting it tuned soon

Unread postby 4.2GUst » January 6th, 2012, 11:19 am

Admin

Bewdy!! You'll hafta bring it round sometime, maybe even convince me to go for a drive somewhere?!
An Ex-Service person is someone who, at some stage in their life, thought enough about their country, how great it is, and how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for an amount of 'Up to and including my Life!'

Unread postby Peter Aawen » January 6th, 2012, 12:19 pm

Been here a while

where was the earth?

if you could send me a pic that would be great

Unread postby Felux » January 12th, 2012, 4:13 pm

right under the standard intercooler it is the 2 wires that are bolted to the intake manifold that also has the bracket for the dip stick bolted to it

Unread postby 4.2GUst » January 12th, 2012, 7:40 pm

Return to GU Patrol