Do modern Baby Seats fit in a GQ??...

Flash6
Getting to know the place

Do modern Baby Seats fit in a GQ??...

Unread post by Flash6 » July 1st, 2018, 8:16 pm

Due to our exapanding family, we're now wanting a 7 seater. So, as it's always been my favourite 4x4 of all time, I was considering the GQ. My question though is... do modern baby and todler seats fit the old GQ? Will they need any modifications to get them to fit? Would love to own a GQ but simply not practical if modern baby and todler seats won't be able to be used in them...

thanks for your help in advance!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Do modern Baby Seats fit in a GQ??...

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 1st, 2018, 8:36 pm

When you say 'modern', exactly what type of baby seats do you mean?? I used to run baby seats & toddler seats in my GQ's, but that was a few years back now, & it did require the addition/installation of the bolt in clips for the seats to attach to.... but the captive nuts & load spreading plates were there behind at least 2 of the middle row seats, I'm not positive but I think the middle seat had a captive nut on the 96 on higher spec GQ's... and I reckon the rear (third) row of seats had 2 mounting positions for toddler harnesses &/or booster seats, but they weren't suitable for baby seats back there - not that you could access anything back there anyway!!

But if you are talking about those integrated clippan or clippin or whatever the 'fit without straps' type mounts are, I reckon you might be outta luck!! :o
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “GQ Patrol”