injectors replacement for RD28

outback bushman
Getting to know the place

injectors replacement for RD28

Unread post by outback bushman » April 25th, 2015, 5:02 pm

Hi guys I am going to Mortan Island in a month and am looking at replacing my crap injectors for the 97 RD28. I have looked every where for remanufactured injectors, but cant find any. does anyone know of a place that does good injectors.

Phil

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: injectors replacement for RD28

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 27th, 2015, 10:20 pm

Have you given any of the Diesel Tuning places a call?? Mobs like Cooma Diesel (in Canberra), Berrima Diesel (in Berrima), & West End Diesel (in Sydney) will often do exchange &/or replacement Injectors, altho the tuners generally like to check what comes out before they give you replacements. Then there's the stuff you can sometimes get from Repco, Bursons etc, they sometimes do 'standard' replacements... maybe not the best option from the power & economy point of view, but usually a tad cheaper; or visit your nearest Truck Diesel place, they might be able to help.

Cooma Diesel & the others like them also do a pretty good 'Diesel tune-up' that includes valve adjustment, pump & timing, injectors, etc - if there's nothing else wrong it will probably come in around $1K or so, but if you haven't ever had one done, you might be surprised at how well they can make your vehicle run & probably with better fuel economy too!! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “GQ Patrol”