Anyone tried a DPF back exhaust?

scott btxt
Getting to know the place

Anyone tried a DPF back exhaust?

Unread post by scott btxt » September 11th, 2017, 8:21 pm

Hey fellas,

Has anyone installed a DPF back exhaust to their 70 series? (2016-2017)
Wondering whether there would any negative effects on the DPF or any thing else on the vehicle.
Looking at doing one myself but know Toyota will void the warranty if anything goes wrong...

Cheers Scott

mydmax
Need to get out more

Re: Anyone tried a DPF back exhaust?

Unread post by mydmax » September 13th, 2017, 10:31 pm

Scott
I presume you mean from the DPF and rearward.
I don't think there is much point to that, the exhaust gas cools as it goes, to out=r temp feel not much, but it cools quickly and therefore is less in volume as it travels through any exhaust.
The OE pipe size is fairly large and if gas flow is for normal conditions then the current size is capable as it is. Nothing to be gained, except noise and look.

If is immediately after the turbo and for a distance from the turbo that a larger dia pipe may assist.
Used normally you won't notice a larger dump and engine pipe, only under sudden and hard acceleration might you notice boost happens earlier, but you won't get more boost as it is controlled, not by the pipe size but the ECU and sensors etc.
Too me a waste of money.

I have a Dmax and fitted 3" from turbo to the muffler. Slightly louder, hardly, but the boost and acceleration are a bit better BUT only when floored. Other wise you don't know. Economy didn't alter because the OE pipe size was already sufficient for normal usage. This is the same for most vehicles.

scott btxt
Getting to know the place

Re: Anyone tried a DPF back exhaust?

Unread post by scott btxt » September 14th, 2017, 9:35 am

Cheers mydmax,
It is only really for a bit more noise... (just want it to sound like a V8!)
I was just concerned about any negative effects on the DPF or anything else.

Thanks mate

Return to “70 Series”