Can I disable landcruiser 79 series dual cab traction control?

NAbbott448
I'm new, be nice!

Can I disable landcruiser 79 series dual cab traction control?

Unread post by NAbbott448 » July 30th, 2018, 10:25 pm

Hi there guys

just wondering if anyone has turned off their traction control and stability control. i know you can turn it off if you hold the traction control button in for 5 or so seconds but its really annoying to stop and hold the button down every time you get in. has anyone changed the switch to be able to turn the traction control and stability control off on the go? without it turning back on again at 50km/h.

Cheers Nick :truck:

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Can I disable landcruiser 79 series dual cab traction control?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » August 2nd, 2018, 10:21 pm

Hi Nick, welcome to the Forum. :thumb:

Re turning off stability & traction control, if it doesn't turn off automatically as soon as you select low range (lots do?!?) then I'm not sure that you'll find many who will broadcast what they do along those lines, cos I'm pretty sure that you'll find it's illegal to modify &/or disable those 'safety systems' completely like that in Aust, and that if you mod the switch/system in the manner you want to, you'll be making your vehicle un-roadworthy & defectable in every State & Territory in Aust with a 'Do not Drive until Rectified' notice!! :eek:

Over to you! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “70 Series”