Surf 2l-te won't rev & turbo light on after re-build? Ideas?

Mattie77
I'm new, be nice!

Surf 2l-te won't rev & turbo light on after re-build? Ideas?

Unread post by Mattie77 » June 8th, 2013, 8:10 pm

Hi. My mate has a Surf with the 2l-te EFI engine in it. He had the motor rebuilt and it has been playing up.He hasn't been able to get it started for a few months.

Today I flushed the tank and replaced the filter. RE bled the whole system. reconnected a loose vacuum hose and stuffed around with a few other things. I managed to get it started after a few hours.

Now the problem is that you can get the revs to about 1750RPM and as soon as the turbo light comes on you can hear solenoids engaging and disengaging and the engine stalls or if you are lucky you can get it to idle. Occasionally at idle the turbo light will come on and the engine will stall.

The check engine light comes on and stays on. At first we only got error code 12. but after some more playing around we ended up getting error code 6 & 13 aswell.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix these problems?

robbie_lamb78
Getting to know the place

Re: Surf 2l-te won't rev & turbo light on after re-build? Id

Unread post by robbie_lamb78 » October 21st, 2014, 5:03 pm

if the turbo warning light is coming on the ecu could be going into safe mode
to prevent engine damage

goldiexxxx
Been here a while

Re: Surf 2l-te won't rev & turbo light on after re-build? Id

Unread post by goldiexxxx » April 3rd, 2015, 6:17 am

Not sure if you mean he rebuilt the engine and this is happening straight away when trying to fire it up; or your mate had it rebuilt and it was running fine, but now is playing up.
BUT........ I rebuilt my 1KZ-TE and had similar symptoms after first start up. Took it for a drive, it was gutless and would not rev / accelerate, and would only go about 80km/h max with the engine warning light on. With a small advance of the fuel pump, it went great with heaps of power and torque.

I know this is an old thread, but may assist someone else looking at what the solution might have been.
Goldie

Return to “Surf”