Show us ya Lux!

_speedy_
Here and there

Re: Show us ya Lux!

Unread post by _speedy_ » June 16th, 2013, 8:53 pm

well heres my new toy. finally a 4x4.
1998 hilux 3L diesel non turbo :( bit of a jump in power from the ls1 powered crewman.. but i'll get used to it and eventually turbo it. slow and steady plans for it too. auto locker in front and maybe e locker in rear. plus stereo upgrade as panasonic stereo is a bit lousy. will keep ya's posted
The fun don't begin, until the wheels start to spin!

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » June 17th, 2013, 9:33 pm

E locker the front, auto the rear. So you can steer through tight spots. I'm always flicking my front off to help with steering. Thats My opinion tho, everyone's different. :thumb:

_speedy_
Here and there

Unread post by _speedy_ » June 19th, 2013, 6:58 pm

true. maybe twin e lockers! haha
got radio installed into it today and trying to work out what to do with the tray.. gonna redo the canopy

_speedy_
Here and there

Unread post by _speedy_ » June 19th, 2013, 7:53 pm

some more pics of the rig, cannot wait to try it out off road!

uhf i have had sitting around for a while.

and she looks a little small compared to dads v8 cruiser!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 27th, 2013, 6:23 pm

94 TURBO HILUX wrote:E locker the front, auto the rear. So you can steer through tight spots. I'm always flicking my front off to help with steering. Thats My opinion tho, everyone's different. :thumb:
I reckon that's where the smart money is 94! :thumb:

Toss the excuse for an LSD that is virtually worse than having an open diff back there anyway & fit an auto locker in the rear; that way you get the traction advantages of a locker all the time with little if any impact on your steering for the bulk of your driving on or off road, and still have the front able to do it's locking thing if you ever need it off road - minimising the wear & tear an auto locker would have on your front suspension and steering gear but maximising where you can go; the rear locker enabling you to tackle everything slower and with more control so you shouldn't need to worry so much about lifting wheels or busting CV's, but if you ever do, there's that little switch on the dash that doesn't need a working compressor or air lines etc! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

spongie
Here and there

Unread post by spongie » June 28th, 2013, 9:12 pm

one of my oldies
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
105 lift muddies snorkel dual batts draws light bar spotties rear lights and a bit more.TOYOTA TOUGH.

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » June 30th, 2013, 6:11 am

Peter Aawen wrote:
94 TURBO HILUX wrote:E locker the front, auto the rear. So you can steer through tight spots. I'm always flicking my front off to help with steering. Thats My opinion tho, everyone's different. :thumb:
I reckon that's where the smart money is 94! :thumb:

Toss the excuse for an LSD that is virtually worse than having an open diff back there anyway & fit an auto locker in the rear; that way you get the traction advantages of a locker all the time with little if any impact on your steering for the bulk of your driving on or off road, and still have the front able to do it's locking thing if you ever need it off road - minimising the wear & tear an auto locker would have on your front suspension and steering gear but maximising where you can go; the rear locker enabling you to tackle everything slower and with more control so you shouldn't need to worry so much about lifting wheels or busting CV's, but if you ever do, there's that little switch on the dash that doesn't need a working compressor or air lines etc! ;)

I wish I got a e locker,I think I might have got my air locker before they existed. I had never of heard of them all those years ago. I don't know how people can steer with a auto in the front. Don't get me wrong I can steer with mine in, I just prefere to flick it off when not needed. Imagine going up the beach with a auto locker. Stuff that!!

_speedy_
Here and there

Unread post by _speedy_ » June 30th, 2013, 8:30 pm

yeah deff going e lockers when i get them. might even do one front and one rear. all depending on selling my other car haha. i still think i'll go turbo first and i like the look if the intercooler set up on yours 94 hilux. find it helps a lot?

Pravesh
Here and there

Unread post by Pravesh » August 1st, 2013, 4:12 pm

Hello Folks
Love the forum, and I noticed the model like mine isnt very popular so im happy to share the pics with you all. I hope you like it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trav Man
Been here a while

Unread post by Trav Man » August 4th, 2013, 10:27 am

Well I've been around here on and off for a while now and this is my current ride I'm slowly setting up on a budget for family camping trips as I now have a 8 month old daughter we want to get out to see the Aussie bush as a family,
It's a 1991 Dual Cab I picked up nice and cheap off Flea-Bay and have been slowly fixing it up over the last year or so and will soon get out for a play once I've fixed a few other bits

Mods so far:
Rebuilt the 22R
Lots of lights :rolleyes:
2" lift Old Man Emu Springs
UHF and AM/SSB
Snorkel
Long ranger fuel tank
Diff breathers
Put bigger mirrors on as some @#$% busted one on me and didn't leave a note :mad:
Braced the roof bars on the canopy so I can use them
Mounted my awning on the passenger side
Made a rack to mount the high lift and shovel
and fixed ALOT of fiddly bits than were neglected over time

Now to do the front swivel hubs and wheel bearings and rear wheel bearings as they're getting noisy
Get a new viscous clutch for the fan as mine just seized yesterday
Seal the canopy as the windows leak :mad:
Make the rear draw system
Make a rear bar with spare wheel carrier to carry a second spare
Surf seats as I know how comfy they are compared to the Hilux ones
Dual Battery set up for the fridge (Got to keep the beer cold camping :D )
Some rubber flares
and a set of 32's or 33's for off road
then a winch bar and winch
and some lockers

Oh yeah GET OUT THERE AND GO WHEELING ;)

xgrumpig
Here and there

Unread post by xgrumpig » August 13th, 2013, 12:50 am

Mods so far
Arb steel winch bar
Extractors + full 2.5 exhauste from a xf
Front and rear diff breathers
Snorkal
7" hid spotlights
2"body lift
3"Flares
33 bighornes.

Mods to come
Re do bullbar mounts to suit body lift
Turbo
Winch
Customized steel tray with 5" stacks
Lc front and rear diffs
Front auto lokka or e lokka
Full bash plates
2" suspension lift
Overhead console.
1997 Ln106 Trayback
Au falcon ghia seats
2" toughdog up front new
2"load carrying old man emu in the rear
2"body lift
33's
soon to be fully engineerd.
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/classi ... -rockyscat

Staples
Avid Poster

Unread post by Staples » August 13th, 2013, 7:02 pm

My beast

ERASER
Need to get out more

Unread post by ERASER » August 13th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Lifted
and geared.
my lux is only good for driving through puddles and i dont know anything.........
My Hilux

HardCharger
Been here a while

Unread post by HardCharger » August 14th, 2013, 11:35 am

Staples

Details! Details! :drink:

unko
Been here a while

Re:

Unread post by unko » August 21st, 2013, 12:22 am

last photo of it 4x4ing then sold it for a gu