Hilux Ecotec Conversion - anyone offer help/advice?

daleo09
I'm new, be nice!

Hilux Ecotec Conversion - anyone offer help/advice?

Unread post by daleo09 » February 14th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Hi All,

I'm pretty deep into a convo on my 02 LN172 lux using a VX Ecotec that I am mating to a R150f.

Things have been fairly smooth so far using Marks 4WD kits. Good quality stuff but a bit vague in the instructions.

I would really appreciate some help from those who have done this conversion.

The drivers side header is no where near fitting and sits on top of the IFS junk...Anyone know what can be done without fabing a custom header??

Also i have the motor dropped in to sus where to weld the passenger engine mount on and looking at it it seems to be on a pretty extreem angle sitting high at the front and sloping back to the transfer case...Is this normal??

Also wondering if the diesel fuel lines can be retained...and just plump a pump into the line. The fuel lines are a slightly smaller diameter than the commodore does it matter?

Thanks in advance

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Re: Hilux Ecotec Conversion - anyone offer help/advice?

Unread post by typhoeus » March 9th, 2018, 7:43 pm

robshilux
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Hilux Ecotec Conversion - anyone offer help/advice?

Unread post by robshilux » May 16th, 2018, 9:56 am

hi
i have done this also, initially had the VP buick six but changed out for a VX, i do use the TH700M auto though.

Yes not much room on the drivers side, some say that you can cut and reweld the cast iron units, for me i used a set of extractors from V6 conversions in Moree for ~$300

what loom are you going to use? I kept the VP loom and changed out a few sensors from the VP into the VX all runs well and no BCM to worry about

Return to “HiLux”