Looking for pictures of your booster and master upgrade of a Ln106 and info

Luxadoor
Getting to know the place

Looking for pictures of your booster and master upgrade of a Ln106 and info

Unread post by Luxadoor » January 19th, 2018, 6:08 pm

My Ln106 needs it's brakes upgraded,I know about the 60 series booster and master but there are a few options for the master and I need to see what most people have used as I will need to bend my brake lines to fit and it will need a bit of manipulation to do it,and I was told to get a 1 inch master but a smaller master and not bigger will give me more braking pressure,the Ln106 master is a 15/16 meaning it is a 23.8 mill bore so smaller is required

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Re: Looking for pictures of your booster and master upgrade of a Ln106 and info

Unread post by typhoeus » April 20th, 2018, 8:34 am

You would go smaller with standard booster but bigger with the dual diaphragm booster. And then look at bigger discs etc.

robshilux
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by robshilux » May 16th, 2018, 9:48 am

a simple bolt in is the 4runner 1" master cylinder and double diaphram booster, a marked improvement. you can also use 80 series booster setup, although i believe you may need to rotate the booster 180 degrees to fit.

Later i also upgraded to the 25mm thick rotors and calipers to suit the same vehicle, ( you will definately need the 1" M/C as the calipers have much larger pistons (45.3mm) unfortunately the rotors are much the same diameter at 291mm Vs 289, but overall the brake improvement was very good

My current plans are to investigate the use of a HDJ80 calipers with a larger rotor off the KUN26r

if this project goes ahead i will also install the GQ rear rotors and subaru L series calipers for a rear disc conversion,( ive had the complete kit of new parts for this conversion for some time)

If anyone has done a larger front rotor conversion on a IFS front i am keen to hear from you

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » June 1st, 2018, 1:33 pm

Rob would love to know where you sourced the new L series calipers from, only place i can find is in the US.

Return to “HiLux”