Hilux Dual Cab rear seat upgrade

cac
Need to get out more

Re: Hilux Dual Cab rear seat upgrade

Unread post by cac » April 23rd, 2012, 7:56 am

the new BT-50 you were reading about has only been out for a few months, so I reckon you'd be hard pressed to find a second hand one unless its an ex demo....

of course there is an older model as well, couldn't tell you the exact year it was released, but I'd guess 8-10 years ago....obviously its not going to be as good as the brand new ones, but its still well worth a look....

Ford's Ranger is virtually the same vehicle as the BT-50 underneath too, in both the new and old models, so don't discount them either....
LN106 Hilux Project

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=82487

duza
Been here a while

Unread post by duza » May 2nd, 2012, 8:51 pm

Thanks Cac. The all powerful diesel BT50 (145Kw) first came out in late 2010, I think. There are a few for sale, but I'm not prepared to spend $40k on a ute. The older BT50 diesel is underpowered as usual with diesels IMO and still sell for mid $20s, so I'm back to square one. It was a good thought, but not for me as it turns out. May have to go with an old Prado, or similar and fit a D4D motor into it.
Ric

cooch72
Been here a while

Unread post by cooch72 » May 3rd, 2012, 6:44 pm

Bit too early to comment on reliability. All seems good so far. This model was released late 2011. They have great power but a very small power spread. Seem to be changing gears lots. Will upgrade to larger tyres soon, I think that will solve the problem. I don't think anything is as reliasble as an older Hilux. I had a 95 dual cab, it was awesome. except the back seat....

pcinn
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by pcinn » May 13th, 2012, 10:10 am

what would be good is something similar to a toddler's seat that you can put in the back but built for a teenager offering them the lumbar support, extra cushioning, side support, etc. Maybe someone does make them. Worth a google search.
2002 dual cab 3.0l td hilux trayback.

Rexxpro
Been here a while

Unread post by Rexxpro » May 18th, 2012, 8:53 pm

Nissan Navara STX 550. 175kw stock.

Have no idea what the seats are like but it has heaps of power. v6 means more rego in Qld though.

beep351
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by beep351 » August 12th, 2012, 7:21 pm

hey mate if you want to make the seats more comfortable its possible to fit toyota soarer/lexus seats , i have seen a ln106 dual cab with them in it and they look great ....leather comfy and easy to keep clean .....plus the front ones are electric if you feel the need to hook them up ......
LN106 hilux / 33's - ARB front and back lockers - Diff breathers - 2inch lift - 2 inch body lift - alloy tray - bullbar - mud makes me horny

Return to “HiLux”