Show us your 200!

Rick
Been here a while

Show us your 200!

Unread post by Rick » August 19th, 2010, 12:15 pm

Its been a while now so surely there are some 200 owners out there with pics to share? Lets see what you've got!
Rick O'Brien
Editor
Extreme 4WD

I live in constant fear of the Hamburgler.

craigww2
Been here a while

Unread post by craigww2 » August 20th, 2010, 4:12 pm

[ATTACH]45200[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]45201[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]45202[/ATTACH]

Heres my 200, I know its like most 200's out there but I like it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
200 Series L/C Lifted locked and barred up now with MTZ's :waycool:

Red04VXE
Avid Poster

Unread post by Red04VXE » August 20th, 2010, 7:08 pm

Not Mine, DADS @ Levuka
New Toy, 1982 HJ60 2H 4spd 33's soon to have F&R LockRights and LongFields.

pmturnbull
Avid Poster

Unread post by pmturnbull » August 20th, 2010, 8:27 pm

Nice pics Craig.

Can't believe there is a 200series with what looks like garden edge flares on it. lol the ironman bar looks like it took a hit also nice work

Red04VXE
Avid Poster

Unread post by Red04VXE » August 20th, 2010, 9:02 pm

Yeah once a Truckie always a Truckie. They're Bushranger ones, he wanted to break up the white a bit.
New Toy, 1982 HJ60 2H 4spd 33's soon to have F&R LockRights and LongFields.

Muddie Wilsons
Been here a while

Unread post by Muddie Wilsons » August 21st, 2010, 4:31 pm

Good on ya Craig. Good to see a 200 out there getting used like a 4WD.
Can't wait to see how they turn out in a couple years. Hopefully they continue to carry the Toyota tuff label.

Red04VXE
Avid Poster

Re: Show us your 200!

Unread post by Red04VXE » September 11th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Nice Leisurely drive today with the oldies!

angusswq
Getting to know the place

Unread post by angusswq » September 12th, 2010, 11:05 am

Hi all,

Here's a couple of pics of my 200.

Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

angusswq

Unread post by angusswq » September 12th, 2010, 11:18 am

Apologies for the lack of knowledge with uploading pics... Here's the other couple... I hope

elky
Been here a while

Unread post by elky » September 26th, 2010, 8:13 am

bloody hell what a bullbar!!!! ^^^^^^

here's my rig

standard tyres provided NO traction here! we got out tho, lowered the pressures and a bit of rocking back and forth

cheers

angusswq

Unread post by angusswq » September 28th, 2010, 4:49 pm

Elky,

Yeah it's a bit of a unit alright. Made by Tuff Bullbars in Toowoomba. Not really good for the extreme off road climbing mountains of driving thru mud bogs but certainly good for scooping roo's, emu's and the like off to the side instead of the odd one going underneath.

NQCruiser
Been here a while

Unread post by NQCruiser » October 5th, 2010, 7:29 am

Looks great Angusswq, where abouts in SWQ are you based? I used to be in Toowoomba and Dalby areas and travelled out around StGeorge and as far as Thargomindah in my single days. Had a bloody ball out there too!!

These days I'm in Ayr in NQ - here's my work truck - it's one of about 8x 200 Series that we have, and I'm onto my second one now. Most of them are GXL TTV8's, but there are 2x GXL Petrols and 1 x Sahara Petrol in the fleet also. Photo's from Springsure a bit earlier in the year - and it's still bloody wet there now!!

angusswq

Unread post by angusswq » October 6th, 2010, 8:33 am

Hi NQCruiser,

Without getting too specific we are between Cunnamulla and Thargomindah. As you probably know our average annual rainfall is around 12" but since Christmas day we have had 27.5". This country has not looked so good for 30 years, cattle are all rolling fat and breeding well.
The roads are generally dry around here so travel is ok. As it's starting to warm up the volume of tourists has slowed to a trickle but the winter tourists of whom a lot have been out this way before are amazed at the transformation of this country. Towards the end of the long drought most would assume the land would never grow anything again but the feed is just amazing. I see you have the same snorkel as me, they certainly get a loud sucking noise happening when you put the boot in a bit.
Have you had many issues with your 200's? Mine's only a few months old and only done 18,000k but i must say, so far it has been fantastic, never used a drop of oil or suffered from any of the issues i read about in the forums. Bit annoying you can't play with all the sound system features until the vehicle is stationary, Toyota reckon it's a legal thing but if that was the case all vehicles would be the same. Anyway, could be worse, could be driving a Nissan :) JUST JOKING..... Have had Nissans before and have always been very happy with them, it was the V8 that swung me to the 200 this time. (Thought i'd better drop that in before i get swamped with replys from Nissan blokes giving me a hard time.)

BFT RANGER
Need to get out more

Unread post by BFT RANGER » October 6th, 2010, 3:30 pm

Here's one from Artic Trucks built for the middle east desert
Tuned by CRISPMODS

http://www.crosscountry4wd.com/

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ranger-BT50-owners/243230605704611

NQCruiser
Been here a while

Unread post by NQCruiser » October 11th, 2010, 12:40 pm

angusswq wrote:Hi NQCruiser,

Without getting too specific we are between Cunnamulla and Thargomindah. As you probably know our average annual rainfall is around 12" but since Christmas day we have had 27.5". This country has not looked so good for 30 years, cattle are all rolling fat and breeding well.
The roads are generally dry around here so travel is ok. As it's starting to warm up the volume of tourists has slowed to a trickle but the winter tourists of whom a lot have been out this way before are amazed at the transformation of this country. Towards the end of the long drought most would assume the land would never grow anything again but the feed is just amazing. I see you have the same snorkel as me, they certainly get a loud sucking noise happening when you put the boot in a bit.
Have you had many issues with your 200's? Mine's only a few months old and only done 18,000k but i must say, so far it has been fantastic, never used a drop of oil or suffered from any of the issues i read about in the forums. Bit annoying you can't play with all the sound system features until the vehicle is stationary, Toyota reckon it's a legal thing but if that was the case all vehicles would be the same. Anyway, could be worse, could be driving a Nissan :) JUST JOKING..... Have had Nissans before and have always been very happy with them, it was the V8 that swung me to the 200 this time. (Thought i'd better drop that in before i get swamped with replys from Nissan blokes giving me a hard time.)

No worries mate, I reckon I know roughly where you are - I'm a mate of the Crawfo's from Thargo. Haven't been out there in 10 years now, but ALWAYS had a great time at "the Queen" ;). Last time I was there was for Crawfo's engagement party in 1999 - big bender at the hall and the Thargo Rodeo!! I don't think I've ever seen it looking lush out there - it's not really a term you normally associate with SW Qld once you get out past St George.

My 2 x 200's have been excellent also - old one used about 1L of oil in the first 10 000km and none since (60K on it now). The newest one has only just had the 1000km service done, so time will tell with it, but we've got 8 of them in our fleet and had no issues, other than the 1st diesel which was the 1st one sold in this region. It was fixed pretty quickly and has 110 000km on it now. I have been fiddling with the sound system stuff while driving on the new one though, not sure why yours wouldn't? I don't reckon my fiddling has improved the sound though - I reckon it's not as good as the older 200 was. The only issue I've had was the brakes - I had one rear caliper start dragging after a few high speed stops, causing a lot of smoke and a bit of a panic - no real damage done thankfully. But ther rear pads were replaced at 40K service and front pads at 50K, with front discs machined. I am the first to admit I drive it hard, but I have NEVER changed a set of pads OR rotors on any vehicle I've owned/driven under 120K. I have done a fair bit of towing with these, so maybe that has influenced it a bit, but even then it seems excessive.....

The new camera in the back is a neat add-on, but trying to use it while backing it onto a trailer must be an art you have to work on - I reckon the angle isn't right for the towball. I still manage to get it on fine while just using the mirrors though!!

Good luck with the upcoming season!! You blokes deserve a turn of luck out that way!!

Return to “200 Series”